It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:37 pm

Hauptwerk 5 suddenly no sound

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Lougheed

Hauptwerk 5 suddenly no sound

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 9:54 pm

For the past several days I've been loading in various organs, configuring, trying out the reverb - everything working.

This evening I was playing on one instrument, decided to load in another (actually my main go-to Instrument) and suddenly there was no sound. I loaded in the previous instrument that I had just been playing. No sound. Tried a few others. Same thing.

I also tried exiting Hauptwerk and Cubase, restarted them, no change. (using Hauptwerk VST Link)

Shut down the organ, and computer, restarted, reloaded and still no sound.

MIDI is working, I can see the keys moving in console view.

I tried playing a tune from Spotify and verified that the amplifier and audio interface are working.

va3ets

Re: Hauptwerk 5 suddenly no sound

PostSun Dec 15, 2019 4:28 am

Hi Lawrence, Hmmm, this is weird, especially since you were playing one instrument and it was fine, and the audio totally disappeared, when you'd switched instruments. Had you played the instrument you'd switched to, just fine in Hauptwerk v 5 before this problem occurred? Maybe it's an issue with the AU link, since you're using that , along with your DAW? I would've thought that restarting everything, may fix it, but if you've tried that , and no difference, that's interesting. Dan

mdyde

PostSun Dec 15, 2019 8:01 am

Hello Lawrence,

Do you hear sound if you load St. Anne's and click on the virtual keys/stops? If not, with St. Anne's:

On Hauptwerk's 'Audio, MIDI and Performance' large control panel, do you see activity on the audio level meter?

How about on any of the mixer buses on the 'General settings | Audio mixer' screen?

Also, do you hear sound (without your VST host running), if you temporarily change Hauptwerk's audio output device to be your audio interface's ASIO driver?

Thanks.

(For my own reference, there was a similar topic here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18029 .)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

randallschmid

PostSun Dec 15, 2019 8:04 am

Deleted - redundant.

Lougheed

PostSun Dec 15, 2019 2:42 pm

mdyde wrote:Hello Lawrence,

Do you hear sound if you load St. Anne's and click on the virtual keys/stops? If not, with St. Anne's:

On Hauptwerk's 'Audio, MIDI and Performance' large control panel, do you see activity on the audio level meter?

How about on any of the mixer buses on the 'General settings | Audio mixer' screen?

Also, do you hear sound (without your VST host running), if you temporarily change Hauptwerk's audio output device to be your audio interface's ASIO driver?

Thanks.

(For my own reference, there was a similar topic here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18029 .)

I tried what you suggested here, with the answer to all questions being no. However, when I looked at the other thread mentioned and followed the advice given there, I got things working.

I don't know why all of a sudden a working configuration required resetting, but I'm happy that the problem has been solved.

Thank you so much, Martin!

You rock! :-)

mdyde

PostSun Dec 15, 2019 3:18 pm

Thanks, Lawrence!

Glad to hear all is well again. If the problem does return, please let me know (also just in case there is some bug that caused it).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

Return to Technical support