It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:52 am

Multi channel in V

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

FLyingOrganist

Multi channel in V

PostSun Dec 15, 2019 6:55 am

I’m hoping someone can help with what I’m sure is a seriously simple problem.

I have a six output interface which I would like to drive four speakers plus a mono sub from. I’m using Hereford. The speakers are connected to outputs 1 to 4 and the sub to output 5.

I know that the new multi channel system is different from the old one and better but I am utterly confused as to how to achieve this. I would like to get Hauptwerk to distribute everything across the four speakers, possibly with a c/c# split. The sub has a crossover so can take a mono mix down,

I could also do with a stereo mix for recording.

I have got hugely confused by the manual and am just hoping someone might be able to describe how to achieve this in a step by step guide.

Many thanks!
Simon

mdyde

Re: Multi channel in V

PostSun Dec 15, 2019 8:14 am

Hello Simon,

[Topic moved here.]

This topic has various tips: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17916

FLyingOrganist wrote: would like to get Hauptwerk to distribute everything across the four speakers, possibly with a c/c# split.

If you just want all of your speakers to be in a single group (i.e. used for all ranks), then please see the 'Example 5: simple multi-channel audio with 8 (or more) speakers all configured as stereo pairs all in a single group, optionally plus a sub-woofer, optionally with an additional pair of ‘rear’ speakers for surround-sound, optionally with an additional pair of speakers as an ‘aux reverb mix’ with added reverb (which can be bypassed, or its wetness adjusted, on a per-organ basis)' example in the main Hauptwerk user guide (pages 192-195 in the current v5.0.0 version).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support