It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:02 pm

License Transfer Request Incomplete

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Stuart

License Transfer Request Incomplete

PostMon Dec 16, 2019 11:00 am

When I performed a license transfer request from the Hauptwerk Dongle to iLok last week everything was successful except that my Georgenkirche Silberman license (from ~2010) did not show up in iLok. What is the procedure to correct this? I think this topic may have been posted on the forum in the past few days, but I've been unable to locate it. Thanks.

mdyde

Re: License Transfer Request Incomplete

PostMon Dec 16, 2019 11:59 am

Hello Stuart,

[Topic moved here.]

Sorry to hear that. Presumably something went wrong during the migration. I'll send you a P.M. with my direct email address. Please email your licence migration file to that, and I'll have a look, and will make sure that you get any missing licences. Thanks.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mdyde

PostMon Dec 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Hello Stuart,

Thanks for the file. The licences that were on your v4 dongle were:

- MDA Cappel Schnitger
- MDA Bovenkerk Hinsz (all 3 volumes)
- OAM Waltershausen Trost
- Lavender Audio Binns

All of those were migrated successfully automatically.

The MDA Georgenkirche wasn't on the v4 dongle. I've cross-checked that list against our (manually maintained) v2-v4 database of which users/dongles had which sample sets, and it accords exactly with the above list -- there's no record in there of you having that sample set.

Is it possible that you had a very early (probably pre-2008) version that wasn't encrypted, e.g. for Hauptwerk v1? (That could account for it not being on your v4 dongle, or in our database.) Thanks.
Best regards, Martin.

mdyde

PostMon Dec 16, 2019 1:43 pm

A quick update: Stuart realised he was originally mistaken, and the sample set in question was the Groshartsmandorf Silberman from Pipeloops, which isn't licensed via the dongle/iLok system, so it just needed to be downloaded and installed.
Best regards, Martin.

orgelknab

PostThu Dec 19, 2019 9:28 pm

I had HW 4+ Advanced on my Mac. I owned Salisbury 1, 2, 3 wet, Hinz, Met Notre Dame, Paramount 3 and 4 manual. I successfully deleted HW 4+ Advanced, upgraded successfully to Catalina. I have iLok dongle and iLok cloud account. It the only license that is shows activated is HW 5 Advanced, but none of my organs. I installed HW V, St. Anne works fine. I re-downloaded Salisbury 1, 2, 3, Wet and installed each of the .RAR files for this instrument. I don't know how to migrate the licenses for these organs so that I can open them in HW V. When I go to the Hauptwerk Pre-V Migration page and click on the link to fill out the form, it says to "Upload pre-v5 sample set license migration request file". I don't know what file this is.

OrganoPleno

PostThu Dec 19, 2019 11:36 pm

orgelknab wrote:It says to "Upload pre-v5 sample set license migration request file". I don't know what file this is.

Is it on your desktop? (Any file with a similar title to what they are asking for, and a very recent date...)

Dave Gabry

PostThu Dec 19, 2019 11:44 pm

Look for a filename beginning with "Hauptwerk License Migration Request"

Dave

mdyde

PostFri Dec 20, 2019 4:25 am

orgelknab wrote:had HW 4+ Advanced on my Mac. I owned Salisbury 1, 2, 3 wet, Hinz, Met Notre Dame, Paramount 3 and 4 manual. I successfully deleted HW 4+ Advanced, upgraded successfully to Catalina. I have iLok dongle and iLok cloud account. It the only license that is shows activated is HW 5 Advanced, but none of my organs. I installed HW V, St. Anne works fine. I re-downloaded Salisbury 1, 2, 3, Wet and installed each of the .RAR files for this instrument. I don't know how to migrate the licenses for these organs so that I can open them in HW V. When I go to the Hauptwerk Pre-V Migration page and click on the link to fill out the form, it says to "Upload pre-v5 sample set license migration request file". I don't know what file this is.

Hello orgelknab,

Instructions for migrating your existing sample sets and their licences to v5 are here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833&start=15#p134736
Best regards, Martin.

NickNelson

PostFri Dec 20, 2019 5:23 am

orgelknab wrote:... it says to "Upload pre-v5 sample set license migration request file". I don't know what file this is.

You have to generate this yourself.

With Hv5 running and licenced (I see you are able to do this), and with your old dongle attached to the computer, you will find in the main 'File' menu an item called 'Initiate migration of Hauptwerk pre-v5 sample set licenses ...'

Clicking on this is what creates the file you are asked to attach to the request.

Doing so will also erase all the licenses from your old dongle - this seems pretty scary and I dithered for some time before doing it, but actually it worked just fine for me and there were no further problems.

Nick

Return to Technical support