It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:36 pm

Combination settings

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

münsterorganist

Combination settings

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 6:52 am

It is possible to transfer by HW 4 created Combinations sets import to HW 5?
And why it's always still not possible to choose al folder for saving (p.e. USB ....) combination sets?
By importing Combinations sets even I can this from different folders.
Thanks for help

mdyde

Re: Combination settings

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 7:26 am

Hello münsterorganist,

Yes -- you should be able to import v4 combination sets into v5.

münsterorganist wrote:And why it's always still not possible to choose al folder for saving (p.e. USB ....) combination sets?
By importing Combinations sets even I can this from different folders.

Hauptwerk has always (v2-v5) intentionally kept all combination sets in a particular folder structure so that they can be reliably recalled from MIDI pistons, and so that they're automatically backed up, migrated when needed, etc.

The import functionality is there specifically to allow you to transfer them around if you wish.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

münsterorganist

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 10:42 am

Dear Martin,
many thanks for answer. First it's a good news, that I can transfer my combination sets.
The other question: I have installed other HW consoles and on these students are taught or there is concerted. I then transfer the combinations from home to the other console. It's possible with Windows Explorer, find HW user data and there the combinations.Here you can copy the combinations on a stick. But it would be easier, to choose a folder like f.e. USB.
Best regards and have a good Christmas time.

mdyde

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 12:38 pm

Thanks, münsterorganist.

münsterorganist wrote:It's possible with Windows Explorer, find HW user data and there the combinations.Here you can copy the combinations on a stick.

In Hauptwerk (unchanged in v5), you can use the 'Registration | Browse/rename/delete combination sets' menu function, which opens Windows Explorer (or macOS Finder) directly in the appropriate folder.

Have a good Christmas too.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

Return to Technical support