It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:04 pm

Response of Swell Boxs

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

David Baldwin

Response of Swell Boxs

PostMon Dec 11, 2006 12:24 pm

Is there now a delay on the Swell Boxs or should I look elsewhere. I am sequencing and on version 1 was able to change the swell box settings instantaneously, not realistics I know. Now using version 2, the responce is about a bar of 4 beats at 120 bpm. Whilst this is more physically realsitics it is giving a problem with all the sequences I havef previously prepared. I have tried turing of the swell box filter but to no avail. I am running version 2.21.
(Dr.) David G. Baldwin

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostMon Dec 11, 2006 1:11 pm

Hello David,

Depending on which sample set you are using, it most likely has settings for inertia response which affects the response time of the swell box shades opening and closing. In the Skinner sample set this was done to mimic the real swell box fairly accurately as it does have a slight delay before hearing th effects.

There is not currently an easy way for users to modify these settings since they are part of the ODF and if the files are encrypted you cannot modify those. So, you would need to adjust your MIDI continuous control data accordingly.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

David Baldwin

PostMon Dec 11, 2006 1:36 pm

Thanks for that. I am using Compenius as it has been imported into Hp2. It must be added as it is converted. I will have to think of a way around it.!
(Dr.) David G. Baldwin

mdyde

PostMon Dec 11, 2006 2:33 pm

Hello David,

The inertia model is always on for imported v1 organs, since v1 didn't have the necessary parameters to control it. If you use the v2 Custom Organ Design Module (CODM) to create the organ definition you can adjust or disable the inertia model. I don't know whether Oberwerk / Compenius II has a setting for the inertia model.

Best regards,
Martin.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostMon Dec 11, 2006 3:44 pm

I think David was referring to Compenius v. 1 ported to HW2? I could mistaken, but that is the impression I got. Obewerk does not have user adjustable settings for swell inertia. Swell settings in general are defaulted, but it is a fairly standard rate of opening and closing the virtual shades.

So, David you can either

1: Open the HW2 .xml ODF and using a text editor perform a search for the intertia settings and modify them, or

2: Use the CODM as Martin suggests.

I'm afraid I cannot give any more assistance on ported organ from v. 1 to v. 2.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to Technical support