It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:00 pm

trial mode

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

patrice

trial mode

PostThu Dec 19, 2019 11:33 am

hello Martin,
Could you answer me :

I have hw4 on my computer and want to install hw5 trial /evaluation mode

1 in trial mode is it possible to load organs hw v4 non encrypted and hwv5 enccrypted?

2 CAN install v5 trial to test on my computer Which has v4?

3 on trial mode , does v5 erase v4 ?

4 after installing v5 trial can one révért toV4 by uninstalling v5 trial and applying "Restore previous backup made on Hwv4?

5 on trial mode , with the ilok dongle, Until i dont validate the migration , the hasp dongle is not erased?
Thanks
Patrice

mdyde

Re: trial mode

PostThu Dec 19, 2019 11:59 am

Hello Patrice,

Thanks for the interest in v5.

Please see my FAQ thread for detailed answers to those questions:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833#p133612
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833#p133611
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833#p133617
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833&start=15#p134736

In summary:

patrice wrote:1 in trial mode is it possible to load organs hw v4 non encrypted

Yes.

patrice wrote:1 in trial mode is it possible to load organs ... hwv5 enccrypted?

Yes. However, if the sample is licensed via the dongle then you would only be able to load the sample set if you had migrated your v4 sample set licences to v5 (or if you get a trial licence for the sample set from the sample set's maker, for those sample set producers who offer them, if any). If the sample set is encrypted but not licensed via the dongle then yes -- you can load it in v5, without needing to have migrated your v4 sample set licences.

All encrypted sample sets need to be downloaded and install at their v5-compatible versions.

patrice wrote:2 CAN install v5 trial to test on my computer Which has v4?

3 on trial mode , does v5 erase v4 ?

Provided that your computer meets the v5 prerequisites (see the release notice: https://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation/ ) then you can install v5 on the computer and it will upgrade your existing v4 installation.

You can't have have two different versions of Hauptwerk installed on any given computer (operating system boot partition). You can, however, install different versions of Hauptwerk on different computers, or on a different operating system boot partitions, with the exception that if you migrated your v4 licences to v5 then you would no longer be able to use v4 except in Free Edition mode and with non v4-dongle-licensed sample sets.

patrice wrote:4 after installing v5 trial can one révért toV4 by uninstalling v5 trial and applying "Restore previous backup made on Hwv4?

If on the same computer, you would need to un-install Hauptwerk completely, selecting the option in the un-installer to remove all settings/files/folders, then install v4 'from clean'. You could then use File | Restore ...' in v4 to restore the last backup that you had made from Hauptwerk v4, so as to get your settings/combinations/voicing back to that point in time, and then re-install all of your v4 sample sets.

patrice wrote:5 on trial mode , with the ilok dongle, Until i dont validate the migration , the hasp dongle is not erased?

Correct -- the v4 (HASP) dongle is not erased until you use the v5 'File | Initiate migration of Hauptwerk pre-v5 sample set licenses to this version ...' menu function.

Other important general points to be aware of:

- If installing v5 on a Mac then you *must* un-install/delete your v4 installation first: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17850

- v5.0.0 issues and bugs of note known so far are listed here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17970

I hope that helps.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

patrice

PostThu Dec 19, 2019 1:38 pm

Hello Martin
many thanks as usual
In brief the trial must be used on the pc where hw4 is, only if one is sure at 100%
to upgrade
patrice

mdyde

PostThu Dec 19, 2019 1:40 pm

Thanks, Patrice.
Best regards, Martin.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

patrice

ilok account

PostFri Dec 20, 2019 8:43 am

Hello,
i just created an ilok account with my "internet pc" which is in win xp32
my hw pc with non internet conexion is in win7 64pro
Which download license manager must i get win32 or win 64?
i have intention to use an ilok key only on hw pc
thanks

mdyde

Re: ilok account

PostFri Dec 20, 2019 8:55 am

Hello Patrice,

You would need to download and install the 32-bit version of iLok License Manager on your XP32 Internet PC, and also install the 64-bit version on your Hauptwerk computer.
Best regards, Martin.

micdev

Site Admin

PostFri Dec 20, 2019 8:56 am

Hello Patrice,
32-bit for your XP32 pc, 64-bit for your Hauptwerk Pc.

Regards
François

**** Oups... that' what I call *first class service* Martin & I within the same minute :lol:
Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

patrice

PostFri Dec 20, 2019 3:03 pm

Alors merci à tous les 2
thanks to you 2(?)
patrice

patrice

PostSat Dec 21, 2019 1:10 pm

Hello,
i create my ilok account on the net pc
i installed ilok licence manager on both
i downloaded hw5 on the hw4 pc non internet connectable
when i go on the hauptwerk site/tutorial i see:

Upon completion of your download install Hauptwerk. The first time it launches you will be asked to Activate or Try. To trial the full version of Hauptwerk for 14 days click Try.

On the following screen enter your iLok user ID and password to log in to your iLok account and activate your 14 day trial.

"But the pc with hw is not connected"

Also ,i've downloaded the new version hwv5 of ssets i already own in hwv4 could y try them in trial mode?

However i just received my ilok dongle

how i must continue?

thanks

patrice

mdyde

PostSat Dec 21, 2019 2:19 pm

Hello Patrice,

No need to launch Hauptwerk in trial mode. These are the instructions to follow:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833&start=15#p134736

Do this step first on your Internet computer, activating the Hauptwerk v5 licence to your iLok dongle:

- Make sure that you have activated your license for Hauptwerk version 5 (either to iLok Cloud, or to an attached iLok dongle).

Then move the dongle to your Hauptwerk computer, and do these:

- Make sure that the current version of the driver for the pre-v5 Hauptwerk USB Key is installed on the computer. The current version may be downloaded from: https://www.hauptwerk.com/v4-license-updates/
- Make sure that your pre-v5 Hauptwerk USB Key is attached to the computer, and that its internal lamp is lit (which indicates that it is working properly).
- Make sure that you have installed the current version of Hauptwerk v5: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833&start=15#p134591
- Launch Hauptwerk.
- If the pre-v5 Hauptwerk USB Key is working properly, you should see an item on the File menu named 'Initiate migration of Hauptwerk pre-v5 sample set licenses to this version ...'. Select that menu item, and follow its instructions to create a sample set license migration request file. It will be saved to your desktop by default. Do not lose the file!

Now exit Hauptwerk, move the iLok dongle back to your Internet computer, copy the migration request file to your Internet computer, then do these (activating the resulting sample set licences to your dongle):

- Send [the sample set licence migration request file] to us via the following form: https://www.hauptwerk.com/prev5licensemigrations/
- We will then assign v5-compatible licenses for your sample sets automatically to your specified iLok account. (If there are any complications, then we will contact you by email.)
- Activate those licenses in iLok License Manager once they appear on its 'Available' tab. (You will need to be logged into iLok License Manager to see any newly-available licenses.)
- Download the current version of the Hauptwerk licensing packages file ... https://www.hauptwerk.com/licensingpackages/

Now move the iLok dongle back to your Hauptwerk computer then do these:

- use 'File | Install ...' to install [the downloaded Hauptwerk licensing packages file] within Hauptwerk.
- Use 'File | Install ...' within Hauptwerk to install the v5-compatible versions of each of your copy-protected sample sets that you downloaded from their makers.
- You should then be able to load those v5-compatible sample sets as normal in Hauptwerk (using 'Organ | Load organ ...', for example).
Best regards, Martin.

patrice

PostSat Dec 21, 2019 3:36 pm

hello Martin
Thanks to answering
but i have nothing in my ilok account
no licences nothing

mdyde

PostSat Dec 21, 2019 3:42 pm

Hello Patrice,

If you've bought an upgrade to Hauptwerk v5, then my understanding is that there should be an activation code in your order email. On your Internet computer, with your iLok dongle attached, sign in within iLok License Manager, then copy/paste that activation code into 'Licenses | Redeem Activation Code', then activate the resulting licence to your iLok dongle when prompted.
Best regards, Martin.

patrice

PostSat Dec 21, 2019 3:55 pm

hello martin i have not bought an upgrade i just want to run the trial
but the tutorial said:On the following screen enter your iLok user ID and password to log in to your iLok account and activate your 14 day trial.

patrice

PostSat Dec 21, 2019 4:47 pm

hello Martin can you help me?
i just want to trail hw5 and it seems to be very complicate
already the tutorial is wrong . i'm not idiot but i need to be expained longtime (french expression)
I just received an ilok key i paid 50 € to try before upgrading
if it is to complicate i have lost 50€ i will abandon and dont take the risk to destroy what y have
i'll see if i can be refunded for my key
thanks

mdyde

PostSat Dec 21, 2019 5:03 pm

Hello Patrice,

To be able to start a trial, Hauptwerk v5 needs to be installed (at least temporarily) on a computer that has an Internet connection (at least temporarily).

Hence you could either:

1. Install Hauptwerk v5 temporarily on your Internet-connected computer, with the iLok dongle attached to it. Just launch Hauptwerk, and when prompted to start a trial, activate the trial to your iLok dongle (not to iLok Cloud), then exit Hauptwerk, move the dongle back to your main (non-Internet-connected) Hauptwerk computer, and then you can carry on using Hauptwerk there in trial mode. Or:

2. With the iLok dongle attached to it, connect your main Hauptwerk computer to the Internet temporarily, just for the purposes of starting a trial (and activating the trial to your iLok dongle, not iLok Cloud). Then you could disconnect it from the Internet again.
Best regards, Martin.

Next

Return to Technical support