It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:00 pm

Multiple PC HW installations

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

hgeurten

Multiple PC HW installations

PostSun Dec 22, 2019 5:47 pm

Dear All,
Now I’m trying to get settled as far possible within a fully covered licensed HW5 running system condition, I still would like to know, how to work around as I could in HW4.
In that HW4 condition, I did had HW installed on 3 PC’s – 2 desktops with each plenty-plenty GB Ram and one laptop with 8Gb Ram. As we all know, I could freely walk around with my dongle without any problems.
Now I’m confused how to proceed in the same manner.
Do I have to request a license numerical code from HW (like the first or primary one) for each independent PC, which I like to install the system to?
Because when I try to install HW with the first downloaded HW5.exe file on one off the other PC's, he does ask for a code, which I don’t have, while the first one is redeemed of course.
So, how to proceed, pls advise.
Best regards, and wish you all a wonderful Xmass season.
Hubertus

pwhodges

Re: Multiple PC HW installations

PostSun Dec 22, 2019 6:12 pm

hgeurten wrote:As we all know, I could freely walk around with my dongle without any problems.

Do the same; the iLok dongle is just a dongle, like the Hasp was. Put your one licence on the dongle and move it around as required.

You do now also have the option of putting the licence in the iLok Cloud and logging each machine into the iLok Cloud as required (and out again afterwards) - but frankly that might be less convenient. The iLok 3 dongle is much more robust than the Hasp, so it should be fine.

[EDIT] Just took in the last bit of your message. Have you actually transferred the licence onto the dongle? This is called "activation" in the iLok program - which is different from redeeming the "activation" code to put the licence into your iLok account (but not into the dongle until you tell it to). Also, you need to install the iLok software on every machine, because that contains the driver for the dongle.

Paul

hgeurten

PostMon Dec 23, 2019 4:52 am

All of that is actually been done by me already some days after the launch of 5.
On the Dongle itself are all of my organ licenses activated/stored and fully visible inclusive the advanced 5 license and also a trial version which ends within a day, and all the iLok software on each PC is installed too and Nothing in the Cloud.
Now I try to install, making use of the primary delivered HW5.exe, on a second PC.
For all eventual clarity and certainty, First, I log in to the iLok software, which I assume shouldn’t be necessary, and then I start installing, but on the end of the installation configuration, the HW message comes, “Activation is required”. An activation code is required, but I do Skip this bit, because of the redeeming message which will show up, and then my log in is required, wat I do.
When logged in, the “Select License to Activate” shows up with later a double Pane. On the left is the iLok Activations window in which my s/n dongle is shown and in the right pane window Computer Activations, nothing is shown. When I click Done, the system does come back in the select license area.
How to get the lot working?
Is Martin around to maybe help out pls?
Thanks
Hubertus

mdyde

PostMon Dec 23, 2019 6:58 am

Hello Hubertus,

Everything that Paul wrote is absolutely correct (thanks, Paul) -- if iLok License Manager and Hauptwerk v5 are both installed on any computer, and if the iLok dongle is attached to it and working properly and contains the activated licence for Hauptwerk, then Hauptwerk should see the licence and work normally, without prompting you to enter any activation codes.

On the PC on which you're having the problem, please try:

- Download and re-install the current version of iLok License Manager for Windows 64-bit, for good measure (since iLok License Manager also installs the drivers for the iLok dongle): https://www.ilok.com/

- Reboot the PC.

- Make sure that your iLok dongle is attached to the PC and that its internal lamp is lit (which indicates that the computer and drivers are seeing the dongle properly).

- Launch iLok License Manager and click the 'Sign in' button. [This assumes the PC has an Internet connection. An Internet connection is needed if you want to sign in to iLok License Manager, so as to be able to view the licences on a dongle, but you wouldn't need an Internet connection for just using Hauptwerk.]

- In the left-hand pane, click on the 'iLok_NNNNNN...' entry (where NNNNNN is a number). This is the node that represents your iLok dongle.

- In the right-hand pane (which shows your licences), find the entry named 'Hauptwerk Advanced Edition ...' (or Lite Edition, if that's what you purchased instead). Double-click on that entry.

- In the lower right-hand pane it should then show the full details of that licence. It should say 'License Status: Active'.

Does it show that status as exactly 'Active'? (If not, the licence isn't currently activated on the iLok dongle, so Hauptwerk won't see it.) Thanks.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

hgeurten

PostMon Dec 23, 2019 9:15 am

Thank you, Martin and Paul,
First de-installed the (older?) Pace program, while I think that’s better than overwriting, and for the rest did follow up your sequence of advice to install renewed the drivers, and HW started to install st Anna’s automatically by clicking the HW icon.
It’s all mystical this software, anyhow, all works fine now, Thank you both.
Hubertus

mdyde

PostMon Dec 23, 2019 9:17 am

Thanks, Hubertus.

Excellent -- glad to hear it's working now.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

Return to Technical support