It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:35 pm

Mt Carmel Skinner and v5

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

EricMcK

Mt Carmel Skinner and v5

PostTue Jan 07, 2020 9:39 pm

Now with the v5 upgrade safely behind us, I'm attempting to get a client's sample sets upgraded to v5-compatibility. I'm running into a problem with Mt Carmel. Specifically:

- the client's HW computer has internet access, but it is far too slow to download 14 GB worth of files. All attempts have timed out.

- so I downloaded the files at home on my very fast connection with the intention of putting them onto a 32 GB thumb drive, and then installing on the HW computer from the drive. But when I try to put even one of the Mt Carmel files onto the drive, I get an error about the drive not being formatted properly. To test that, I successfully moved several random files onto the drive (PDFs, .docs, jpegs, Finale files, etc)

I'm stumped - I really need to figure out how to get the Mt Carmel v5 files onto some kind of removable media. Any ideas?

Eric

mwdiers

Re: Mt Carmel Skinner and v5

PostTue Jan 07, 2020 10:11 pm

This is because your thumb drive is probably formatted in FAT32 format, which has a maximum file size of 4GB. You will need to reformat your thumb drive to ExFAT in order to put larger files on it.

Return to Technical support