It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:39 pm

Mixer Presets and audio routing

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

ppytprs

Re: Mixer Presets and audio routing

PostMon Jan 13, 2020 3:37 pm

I think I would try option 3 first. You just have to apply a reverb to every speaker output, which will be tedious, but straightforward.

MPiercey

PostSat Jan 25, 2020 10:56 pm

Hi Martin, the only way I have found to set up my 80+ speakers using a mono system is on the 'Audio Device and Channel' screen, is to set the odd numbered channel to the speaker I want, and then to set its related even numbered channel to 'Device not Available' (or similar worded option). This means I use 2 entries (1 odd, 1 even) for every mono channel. There are a maximum of 128 entries available, and with 2 entries per mono chanel, I can have a max of 64 mono channels. I need 80 +.

Am I setting up the mono channels incorrectly, or is it really limited to 64 mono channels? If I am setting them up correctly, is it possible to get the number of channels increased from 128 to 256?

Thanks,
Mel.

mdyde

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 6:06 am

Hello Mel,

If you want to have mono audio output, just keep everything on the General settings | Audio output device and channels' screen at its default (chan 1->1, 2->2, 3->3, etc.), and instead on the 'General settings | Audio mixer' screen, for each of your primary mixer buses, use the 'Audio output device channel(s): Channel(s)' setting to select the desired 'Mono:'-prefixed entry from the list. (There are entries in the list for mono channels at the bottom of the list, after the stereo ones, so you'll need to scroll down to get to them.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

MPiercey

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 1:31 pm

Thanks Martin, that is the piece I was missing. I did search the manual for 'mono' , but only found a couple references to the sub woofer, so it might be a good idea to add this to the manual.

Thanks,
Mel.

mdyde

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 1:35 pm

Thanks, Mel.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.
Previous

Return to Technical support