It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 pm

possible bug in Mac version

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

fchazz

possible bug in Mac version

PostThu Jan 09, 2020 10:08 am

When I launch Hauptwerk on my Mac it launches in normal mode even though it shows it is in full screen mode. I have to click normal mode and then full screen mode in order to get to full screen mode.
Just saying.

mdyde

Re: possible bug in Mac version

PostThu Jan 09, 2020 11:09 am

Thanks, fchazz.

I can confirm that I can reproduce that on macOS 10.13.6, although it does work properly on Windows. I've logged it as a bug, and will see whether we can do anything about that for v5.0.1. (I think it might actually be a bug in the multi-platform library we use for Hauptwerk, but hopefully we can find a means to work-around around it in the meantime.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

fchazz

PostThu Jan 09, 2020 12:30 pm

yes, it only does it on my Mac installation.

StephenM

Main Hauptwerk window opening on wrong monitor?

PostThu Jan 09, 2020 11:52 pm

Martin,
Is this related?

I have 2 screens. I ALWAYS run HW on the right hand screen.
HW4 never wandered from the RH screen. It just behaved.
However HW5 chooses LH or RH (I think) at random.

No big deal.

Stephen
Australia

mdyde

PostFri Jan 10, 2020 4:47 am

Hello Stephen,

[Post moved to this topic.]

I've just checked for good measure, and when launching Hauptwerk v5.0.0 on macOS 10.13.6 the Hauptwerk window is correctly restored to the monitor on which it was previously positioned for me.

What operating system version are you using? Is Hauptwerk in 'full-screen' mode when you exit it?
Best regards, Martin.

Grant_Youngman

PostFri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 am

I had a similar issue when I was testing HW5 with two external screens on a MacBook Pro in "closed clamshell" mode.

But it wasn't HW5 that was causing the problem. macOS (bless it's heart) kept changing which of the two external screens became the main screen with the menu bar, etc. on it. And so every time I booted and closed the lid, I had to go into Preferences/Displays and redesignate which external screen was left/right and move the menu bar around. Fortunately now, the new Mac mini, like the decommissioned 1,1 Mac Pro, keeps everything straight (because it doesn't have it's own native screen?), and HW always comes up with everything on the correct screen.
Grant

mdyde

PostFri Jan 10, 2020 12:06 pm

Thanks, Grant.
Best regards, Martin.

jbayles

Restoring full-screen mode on Windows

PostFri Jan 10, 2020 9:30 pm

After upgrading to HW V a couple of weeks ago, I was looking at the known problems and tried to respond to one but could not post to it. I tried to contact Martin directly but found no way to do that in the 'Contact' section. I tried to submit a 'Support Ticket' but got turned down as if I'm not a customer. So maybe this will get to Martin. The 'Full Screen' not returning after an organ is closed and then opened is not limited to Mac computers, my W10 Dell Workstation has the same issue. It's only a minor thing, clicking on 'Full Screen' works fine. Just wanted to let you know. Might as well work on both - as if you have nothing else to do :)

Thanks for the great improvement in sound quality, even the older sample sets have surprised me!

Jon

mdyde

PostSat Jan 11, 2020 4:45 am

Thanks, Jon.

[I've split your reply from its original 'website errors' topic and moved it here, since it relates to this thread.]

jbayles wrote:I was looking at the known problems and tried to respond to one but could not post to it. I tried to contact Martin directly but found no way to do that in the 'Contact' section. I tried to submit a 'Support Ticket' but got turned down as if I'm not a customer. So maybe this will get to Martin.

The 'Announcements' section can't be replied to (except by us), but technical questions/issues can be posted in this 'Technical support' section of the forum. You can also contact our Support people (e.g. Francois Ratte) via support [at] hauptwerk.com.

jbayles wrote:The 'Full Screen' not returning after an organ is closed and then opened is not limited to Mac computers, my W10 Dell Workstation has the same issue. It's only a minor thing, clicking on 'Full Screen' works fine. Just wanted to let you know. Might as well work on both - as if you have nothing else to do

Thanks for that information. It works properly for me on Windows 10. What do you see on your system if you exit Hauptwerk when it's in full-screen mode, and the re-launch it? E.g. do you see the window covering all of the monitor? Is the window's title bar visible?

jbayles wrote:Thanks for the great improvement in sound quality, even the older sample sets have surprised me!

Thanks very much -- glad you like it!
Best regards, Martin.

M. Qualley

Site Admin

PostSat Jan 11, 2020 8:36 am

I tried to submit a 'Support Ticket' but got turned down as if I'm not a customer.

This has prompted me to address this situation as a new topic:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18208

I am sure others are having similar issues.

Thank you!
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
Director of Marketing & Business Operations
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

mdyde

PostMon Jan 13, 2020 8:46 am

A quick update to this topic:

After investigation, the issue with Hauptwerk not restoring properly to full-screen mode on the Mac platform is indeed a confirmed high-priority bug in the (Qt) multi-platform library that we use internally within Hauptwerk. The issue specifically affects macOS 10.13+. Unfortunately we do need to wait for a fix to that from Qt's makers (no viable temporary work-around appears to be possible reliably), so we won't be able to address it for Hauptwerk v5.0.1, I'm afraid. However, once a fix is available for Qt we'll incorporate it into the next non-patch Hauptwerk release (such as 5.1.0).
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support