It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:30 am

Upgrading to HW V on Mac Catalina OS

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

TananaTim

Upgrading to HW V on Mac Catalina OS

PostFri Jan 10, 2020 7:55 pm

I mistakenly upgraded my iMac, where I had been running HW 4 for several years, to Catalina. Of course, it broke the Hauptwerk 4 installation. I purchased the upgrade to Hauptwerk V figuring that would fix everything. Wrong! Things seem to be worse now. I found an article on the Hauptwerk web site "Migrating from Hauptwerk v4 to v5+ on a Mac, 10.15 compat." and it mostly makes sense to me, but I've run into some problems it doesn't specifically deal with. It says if you're able to run the HW 4 uninstaller, you should do that, but it doesn't say what to do if you can't run the installer. It does list three folders that should be completely removed. Will removing those folders without running the installer be sufficient to remove HW4 completely?

I did not do a completely clean install of Catalina as suggested by the article. Is that going to be a show stopper?

I tried to run the HW5 installer under Catalina, but got a message saying it couldn't run the program because it couldn't check the security on it. What is that all about? Can it be gotten around when I get to trying to install the HW 5 upgrade?

Needless to say, I'm no Mac techie. Sorry, if all this has been dealt with in other posts, could someone point me there.

RaymondList

Re: Upgrading to HW V on Mac Catalina OS

PostFri Jan 10, 2020 9:51 pm

All this information can be found on the forum, but for a short answer - The 'clean install' is not a necessity. Delete the three folders mentioned. Right click on the installer which will give you a menu list. Choose 'open' from that list and the installer will run.
Ray

mdyde

PostSat Jan 11, 2020 5:32 am

Hello Tim,

To confirm Ray's replies (thanks, Ray), it doesn't matter if the Hauptwerk v4 installer won't launch -- the most important thing is that you *must* delete the folders mentioned in that article ( viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17850 ) before installing v5.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

TananaTim

PostWed Jan 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Many thanks for the posts. I was able to get Hauptwerk v5 going on my iMac with Catalina. Of the three folders that had to be deleted. I found only one on my computer. No idea what happened to the other two. Now, presumably, I need to upgrade my several VO's to Hauptwerk V compatible versions. Again, thanks for the responses.

mdyde

PostThu Jan 16, 2020 6:01 am

Thanks, Tim.

Excellent. Hope you enjoy v5.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support