It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:05 pm

Odd behavior installing Freiberg

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Grant_Youngman

Odd behavior installing Freiberg

PostSun Jan 12, 2020 2:51 pm

Probably a question for Jiri.

1st, the sample set appears to load/play fine. But … When I downloaded the HWV version of Freiberg, there were 6 "Parts" (individual download files). I loaded Part 1. Then when loading any other of Parts 2-6, I'm offered the "Re-install" option. So it appears that it's 6 copies of the same data? But each file does in fact have a unique MD5 (I checked all the loaded files against Jiri's MD5 data for the files.

The same thing also happened when installing the Zwolle.

Seems odd. Of course, I'm probably missing the obvious …. is it possible that all of the files in the folder were automatically installed without having to install each one individually?
Grant

mdyde

Re: Odd behavior installing Freiberg

PostSun Jan 12, 2020 3:10 pm

Hello Grant,

Sonus Paradisi provided their v5 sets in a format (multi-part packages) whereby installing the first part automatically installs the remaining parts (provided that the other parts have been downloaded to the same folder as the first).

The 'Installing/un-installing/upgrading organs, temperaments, or reverbs (the component installer)' section in the Hauptwerk user guide covers it (page 203 in the current v5.0.0 version).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Grant_Youngman

PostSun Jan 12, 2020 3:26 pm

Thanks, Martin …

It always pays to read :-)
Grant

ppytprs

PostSun Jan 12, 2020 5:59 pm

mdyde wrote:Sonus Paradisi provided their v5 sets in a format (multi-part packages) whereby installing the first part automatically installs the remaining parts (provided that the other parts have been downloaded to the same folder as the first).

I didn't know that was possible. Is it a new thing? Brilliant. The installing multi packages thing was always a real faff!

mdyde

PostMon Jan 13, 2020 4:55 am

Thanks, Grant. No problem!

ppytprs wrote: didn't know that was possible. Is it a new thing? Brilliant. The installing multi packages thing was always a real faff!

Hauptwerk v4 had support for multi-part packages, and a small number of sample sets took advantage of it. v5 extends and improves that support, and since all encrypted sample sets needed to be reissued for v5 anyway, a lot more sample sets now take advantage of it.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support