It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:57 pm

Desktop Shortcuts

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Classic49

Desktop Shortcuts

PostFri Jan 17, 2020 6:41 am

With HW4, I somehow managed to create separate desktop shortcuts - one to load St Annes, one to load Hereford Cathedral. I have now updated to HW5 and also added Peterborough Cathedral but cannot remember how I created the shortcuts. Now, they all load the same organ as defined by favourite. Can anyone help please?

mdyde

Re: Desktop Shortcuts

PostFri Jan 17, 2020 6:55 am

Hello Classic49,

Hauptwerk has never had native functionality to do that (e.g. it doesn't accept command-line arguments to load particular organs).

Perhaps you made/used some batch file/script/utility that launched Hauptwerk and then sent key-strokes to it. (However, I'll have to leave that to you or other forum users, I'm afraid.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

[Please use email or the Contact page if you need to contact us privately, rather than private forum messages.]

micdev

Site Admin

Re: Desktop Shortcuts

PostFri Jan 17, 2020 9:10 am

Good morning,

Maybe you were using simply using one of the 4 Hauptwerk available (Hauptwerk, HW alt config1, 2 & 3) and simply renamed the shortcut and had your various Hauptwerk versions setup to load the "last used organ"; one version was loading St-Anne, and the other one Hereford...

Regards
Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

Return to Technical support