It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am

Fatal Error - Hauptwerk Advanced Edition V5

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

banders1a

Fatal Error - Hauptwerk Advanced Edition V5

PostTue Feb 04, 2020 11:19 pm

I have purchased an upgrade to Hauptwerk V. I am running a MacPro, Operating system Catalina. I have downloaded the the Version V software and have 'installed' it...or so I thought. I was never asked during the installation for my activation code (per what Hauptwerk's upgrade instructions indicated that I would need to submit). Upon trying to open/launch Hauptwerk Version V it get the message

Fatal Error - Hauptwerk Advanced Edition V5.

Hauptwerk Advanced Edition V5 could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software.

Error details:
Could not find a folder in the bundle that contains the activation experience resources.

Where did I go wrong? I have spent hours now on this upgrade...ugh!!!

Anybody...any ideas???

Thanks so much,

Brad

MPiercey

Re: Fatal Error - Hauptwerk Advanced Edition V5

PostWed Feb 05, 2020 12:16 am

Hi Brad, I don't use mac os myself, but I'm pretty sure i have read on this forum that you have to uninstall HW4 completely first. I would suggest you do a quick search, and you should find all the detailed instructions.

Also, do you have the current version of iLoc installed?
Last edited by MPiercey on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

banders1a

PostWed Feb 05, 2020 12:42 am

Yes I do have the latest version of iLok.

Thanks much for the response. I tried 'uninstalling', but cannot as Hauptwerk's 'Uninstall' program for V4 apparently does not work in Catalina...I received error messages when trying to 'uninstall'. Further, as I went through Hauptwerk's installation program for Version V, it totally alluded to the fact that if a previous version of Hauptwerk existed, your organ configs, data, etc. would be saved. ???? I would have thought too, that Hauptwerk's step-by-step upgrade instructions would have had an 'uninstall previous Hauptwerk versions' as one of their very first steps.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.
Last edited by banders1a on Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

MPiercey

PostWed Feb 05, 2020 12:50 am

banders1a

PostWed Feb 05, 2020 1:27 am

Thanks so very much for this info...much appreciated! Not sure what to do since I am already on Catalina. Hauptwerk doesn't mention what to do...do I need to revert to an earlier Mac OS X operating system? Ugh!!! I wish that this information was documented right up front in their step-by-step upgrade documentation!

mdyde

PostWed Feb 05, 2020 5:09 am

Hello Brad,

Apologies that information didn't make it into the user guide's installation instructions in time for v5.0.0's release. (I've added them to it for the forthcoming v5.0.1.)

Yes -- you need to follow the instructions in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17850 .

It doesn't matter that you can't get un-installer to launch; the important thing is that you must completely delete the folders it mentions using Finder, then install v5 again. I.e. these are the instructions you need to follow:

3. Use Finder to make sure that all of the following folders are completely deleted (if they exist). You may be prompted for your password:

'/Applications/Hauptwerk Virtual Pipe Organ'
    '/Users/Shared/Relocated Items/Hauptwerk'
    '/Hauptwerk'

[The latter folder is at the very top-level of your computer's SSD/hard-drive. In order to be able to find it, make sure that the 'Sidebar | Devices | Hard disks' option is ticked in Finder's preferences.][/list]

Finally:

[list]4. Run the Hauptwerk v5+ installer to perform a clean installation of Hauptwerk, using its current (10.15-safe) default locations (or choose custom locations that are not on the Mac's internal drive). (If you're using macOS 10.15, in order to launch the Hauptwerk v5 installer you need to right-click on it, then select 'Open'.)

5. You can then use 'File | Restore ...' in Hauptwerk v5+ to get your previous Hauptwerk settings/combinations/voicing back. (If you weren't able to launch Hauptwerk to make a backup in step 1, then, provided that you hadn't previously disabled automatic periodic backups in Hauptwerk, you should instead be able to restore the most recent backup found in the '/Users/<your macOS username>/Hauptwerk/AutomaticBackups' folder.)

Once that's done, this topic has instructions for migrating sample sets to v5: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833&start=15#p134736
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

banders1a

PostThu Feb 06, 2020 1:48 am

Thank you Martin for this information. So very much appreciated!!! I was finally able to successfully (I think) get Hauptwerk V5 installed! (St. Anne Mosley seems to be working correctly :-)!

However, I am now unable to successfully install any Milan-supplied organ samples (which I own quite a few!) I used the links supplied by Brett...https.www.hauptwerk.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/MDA-Instrument-Downloads.pdf
[/i]
to download the various organ files that I purchased. Once downloaded, I opened Hauptwerk V5 and went to menu option 'File>Install organ, temperament, or impulse response reverb' to install the downloaded file(s) upon which I get the following Hauptwerk V5 error message...the same kind of message for every Milan organ sample set that I attempt to 'install' -

The organ definition file named '....' couldn't be loaded to query its version, while attempting to install the component packages '.....file_name.rar'. If it's a licensed file then perhaps a license hasn't yet been installed for it.

Message code (for diagnostic purposes): 1223

I have already successfully (I think) transferred the licenses to my iLok dongle and have 'activated' them as I substantiated by reviewing in the iLok License Manager dashboard.

What might I be missing? I am now going on day #3 of this Hauptwerk ugrade...ugh!!!

banders1a

Hauptwerk V5.0 Documentation...what am I missing

PostThu Feb 06, 2020 2:45 am

I am having real issues with 'Installing' the organs that I have purchased from Milan. I am trying to find within Hauptwerk's documentation explicit content describing the menu option 'File>Install Organ, temperament, or impulse response reverb...' but to no avail. What am I missing...is there other documentation for Hauptwerk's menu options not contained within their Version 5.0 User Guide? I would think that every menu option would be documented...I must be missing this particular description of the 'File' menu option...

Am I just blind?

Thanks much!

Brad

Arp

Re: Hauptwerk V5.0 Documentation...what am I missing

PostThu Feb 06, 2020 3:33 am

have you downloaded the new version of the sample sets for hw5?

mdyde

PostThu Feb 06, 2020 4:45 am

Thanks, Brad.

Glad to hear it's making progress.

[I've merged your other topic on the same issue into this one, so that we can see the full details and relevant history of it.]

If you haven't already done so, please first make sure that you've downloaded and installed the Hauptwerk licensing packages file: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833&start=15#p134736

- Download the current version of the Hauptwerk licensing packages file, and use 'File | Install ...' to install it within Hauptwerk: https://www.hauptwerk.com/licensingpackages/

That file needs to have been installed in Hauptwerk (as well as the relevant sample set licences having been activated within iLok License Manager) before you'd be able to install any iLok-licensed sample sets.

Does that solve it? If not, please use 'Help | Create a diagnostic file' and send the resulting file to support [at] hauptwerk.com . Francois should then be able to see what the problem is, and let you know what needs to be done. Thanks.
Best regards, Martin.

micdev

Site Admin

PostThu Feb 06, 2020 7:19 am

Brad,

Once the licensing pack installed and the HW5-compatible packages of your encrypted organs downloaded, if you still have an error, please email me a diagnostic file 'Help | Creat a diagnostic...' and email it to me at support [at] hauptwerk.com

Regards
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

banders1a

PostFri Feb 07, 2020 1:11 pm

Success. I was finally able (with the gracious help of those on this forum!) to get my Hauptwerk V5 software...and my Milan sample sets up and running :D . I wish to thank all who contributed...and especially Martin, responding to my questions in such a timely fashion with great information. Your help is so very much appreciated! Thanks again!!!

Brad

mdyde

PostFri Feb 07, 2020 1:15 pm

Thanks very much, Brad.

Excellent -- glad to hear you have it all up and running now.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support