It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:03 am

Clock

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

münsterorganist

Clock

PostSun Mar 01, 2020 7:21 am

by coincidence I noticed the following with HW 5: when upgrading my PC the time was not set correctly and I had to correct it. After that, HW could not be started,but required server access. My PC has no access and I first hat to set an access. Afterwards an internet connection to HW was established and HW was able to start. Justified: license check bevor time change. I don't really want a direct connection to the Internet with my HW PC. I therefore use a separate PC for licenses. But I think, it has to do with the new licensing.

mdyde

Re: Clock

PostSun Mar 01, 2020 7:52 am

Hello münsterorganist,

I don't know how PACE's software works internally with regard to timestamps, but in general it's very important that your computer's clock is (at least approximately) correct, and that the clock's battery isn't dead. Lots of software (including Windows itself, drivers, installers, etc.) have dependencies based on timestamp comparisons (e.g. determining whether to install or update individual files, depending on whether corresponding existing files' timestamps are newer or older). If the computer's clock becomes significantly wrong (e.g. reverts to an earlier point in time), then you may well get all manner of problems and strange behaviour with the computer, and potentially even need to re-install everything from clean (re-format the drive, etc.) in an extreme case.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

micdev

Site Admin

PostSun Mar 01, 2020 8:30 am

Hello münsterorganist,

I don't really want a direct connection to the Internet with my HW PC. I therefore use a separate PC for licenses. But I think, it has to do with the new licensing.

Have you thought about using an iLOK dongle? That way, your HW PC doesn't need to access the internet. You will connect it, or use a computer with internet access and iLOK Manager only when you need to manage your licenses (ex: add/redeem a code to activate a new sample sets.

Regards
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

Owen Jones

PostSun Mar 01, 2020 9:16 am

micdev wrote:Hello münsterorganist,

I don't really want a direct connection to the Internet with my HW PC. I therefore use a separate PC for licenses. But I think, it has to do with the new licensing.

Have you thought about using an iLOK dongle? That way, your HW PC doesn't need to access the internet. You will connect it, or use a computer with internet access and iLOK Manager only when you need to manage your licenses (ex: add/redeem a code to activate a new sample sets.

Regards

I have had an iLok dongle since I bought the Ravenscroft piano some years ago, Transferred all my Icloud licenses to the dongle, no more internet, Yeah!

münsterorganist

PostSun Mar 01, 2020 10:51 am

Dear Martin, micdev, Owen,
Thank you for answer. Yes, the clock was advanced by 5 hours, which I corrected. After this correction HW did not allow a start and asked for server access to check licenses. After server contact and " working" I was able to start HW . Yes, I have to set up all samples now. I think, it has to do with ilok. HW 4 had no problem with that. To micdev: of course I have the iLok dongle, but HW demands internet. Then you shout check thats out . Only the confirmation is not enough, you can only open HW5 again with server acess.
I just want to draw your attention to this problem,in case others user experience this.
So, as Martin says, be careful when correction clock under HW5.
Best regards.

münsterorganist

PostSun Mar 01, 2020 11:00 am

Dear micdev
Sorry google translater didn't translate one sentence correctly, the one with the review.
Best regards,sorry.

micdev

Site Admin

PostSun Mar 01, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi again,

o micdev: of course I have the iLok dongle, but HW demands internet.

???? No, Hauptwerk doesn't require internet access if your ilok dongle has the licenses and iLOK manager installed on your HW computer. I checked your ilok account and your license is in your dongle, so should work without internet access.

Regards
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

IainStinson

PostSun Mar 01, 2020 3:00 pm

If you are using an iLOK usb device for licence authentication for Hauptwerk 5, the computer does not need to be connected to the Internet provided the licences for Hauptwerk itself and the sample sets you are using are loaded on to the iLOK device. The user loads the licences on to the iLOK device themselves on a computer which is connected to the Internet using the iLOK manager.

Now the potentially confusing part...
The computer running Hauptwerk which is not connected to the Internet, must have the iLOK manager software installed (not running, just installed) so that Hauptwerk may access some of the modules it needs to work with iLOK.

I hope this helps!

Iain

münsterorganist

PostSun Mar 01, 2020 3:25 pm

Thank you for the answer. Yes, all licenses are on my iLok dongle and I thought, I tönt need Internet. But HW was only released again through internet access. It is like this! Window: software activation hw5 advance edition v5.clock needs repair.I like to send you a screenshot from the window. Just only press the button "ok", there was no access. Only when I got an internet connection, the window was working.
B.r.

münsterorganist

PostMon Mar 02, 2020 1:57 am

Last but not least: the problem comes from the iLok!!! Please pay attention what Martin replied!
Thank you Martin.

mdyde

PostMon Mar 02, 2020 6:07 am

Hello münsterorganist,

From what you described, presumably the clock being significantly wrong (i.e. significantly more than an hour or so, since it must be designed to tolerate changes for daylight saving time) results in iLok's database being invalidated and needing to be refreshed via the Internet, perhaps to try to prevent people trying to get around time-expiring licences' expiration times by setting clocks back manually. (Conceivably un-installing, then re-installing iLok License Manager might repair it, but I don't know.)

Anyway, I think the important message is just to make sure that the computer's clock remains approximately correct (and its backup battery working), which is important on any computer anyway, regardless of iLok.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

münsterorganist

PostMon Mar 02, 2020 12:15 pm

It is exactly like this. Thank you.

Return to Technical support