It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:41 am

Clarification on V4 upgrades

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

larryb

Clarification on V4 upgrades

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 12:02 pm

If I understand theV5 manual, I must have all V4 upgrades installed on my HW (stand-alone) computer before installing V5, which I purchased in January this year, permanent version. Since my HW computer has been isolated from the internet, I have not installed any subsequent V4 updates since purchasing it 8years ago. V4.0.0.724 Advanced. (Yes, it still works just fine.) Where in HW can I get all the V4 updates, assuming that is indeed necessary, and how, and by when do I need to try to get this done?
Many thanks for your assistance.
Larryb

mdyde

Re: Clarification on V4 upgrades

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 12:09 pm

Hello Larry,

[Topic moved here.]

No -- there's no need to install any v4 updates (or even to have v4 installed at all). Please see the 'Installing Hauptwerk: Upgrading or re-installing Hauptwerk' section in the main Hauptwerk user guide for the necessary steps (pages 26-29 in the current v5.0.1 version): https://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation/

(Those instructions recommend that you should have all available operating system and driver updates installed, not Hauptwerk v4 updates.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

larryb

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 7:34 pm

Thank you, Martin,
Obviously I read those pages incorrectly. I appreciate the clarification. I’ll go back and read that again, more carefully.
Larry

mdyde

PostSat Mar 28, 2020 4:30 am

Thanks, Larry.

No problem at all. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support