It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 1:44 pm

Flanging Effect With Master Couplers & Trost

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Grant_Youngman

Re: Flanging Effect With Master Couplers & Trost

PostThu Apr 30, 2020 10:37 am

deWaverley wrote:He came up with an even better fix than my one - to globally adjust the tuning of one of the manuals' key action sounds so they don't flange.
deW

Yes, that seemed to clear it up. I found I had to move both the OW and BW noises quite a bit in opposite directions. But I no longer hear the sound of tachyon blaster pistols firing away when there are no stops drawn :D
Grant

deWaverley

PostThu Apr 30, 2020 6:05 pm

Haha, yes - set phasers to stun! Yes, I put OW to the highest detuning you can and BW to the lowest and then turned the [key noise] volume of the OW down quite a lot. Which works well.

Glad that this thread has helped you to cure a problem you didn't know you had! 8)

I have to confess that I tend to turn the key/pedal noises up a bit on all my samplesets because it makes me feel more like I am playing a real instrument - so the whole thing is my fault really (...but then, being married, I am well used to that being the case!).

Oh, and by the way, isn't the Trost complete heaven to play! I never thought I'd find a sampleset as satisfying as Vollenhove but I think this is its equal (but very different obviously).

Grant_Youngman

PostThu Apr 30, 2020 7:43 pm

deWaverley wrote:Oh, and by the way, isn't the Trost complete heaven to play! I never thought I'd find a sampleset as satisfying as Vollenhove but I think this is its equal (but very different obviously).

It's interesting. You don't see the Vollenhove show up in recordings on CB very often any more. When that sample set first came out, it was considered THE sample set of all sample sets. I still like it, and use it frequently.

The Trost is the set I have loaded and use most often. It is just wonderful. I'm surprised I never noticed the googleblaster effect until you pointed this out :mrgreen: Would be nice to have an updated version with recorded trems. But that isn't really a complaint …
Grant

deWaverley

PostFri May 01, 2020 2:36 am

Well strictly between you and me ( :) ), I don't think there will be many more new OAM projects in the future - tragically. But the good professor has told me that he would really like to rework Trost and make a new surround version (I think he already has the surround samples), so that would be wonderful if it happened.

And the in-progress 1925 Steinmeyer looks like being astonishing.

No apologies for being an OAM fanboy! 8)

Lauwerk

PostSat May 02, 2020 12:01 pm

THANK YOU ALL, GENTELMEN, notably including Hn Professor Maier.

I have also been a fan of OAM sample sets since my personal Hauptwerk inauguration in 2010. However, there are two reasons that I would have never discovered the Trost/Waltershausen flange:

1. I am NOT a "fan" of coupler use: I doubt that I have ever simultaneously coupled two divisions to a third (except perhaps in limited crescendo operations).
2. When I did test out the reported flange by coupling both the Trost/Waltershausen BW and OW to the HW, I found that the flange effect was quite weak in my new and improved HW system (including HW 5.0.1). The ONLY "tachyon blaster pistol" that I could distinctly discern was indeed at the A below middle C.

I have now tuned the BW Traktur max up and the OW Traktur max down. In doing so, I lost my "pistol" as well as, presumably, any other semi- or inaudible effects.

Thank you again.
Don Vlazny
Previous

Return to Technical support