It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:03 am

HW 5 gets stuck

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

adri

HW 5 gets stuck

PostSat Jul 18, 2020 3:57 am

This happened when playing the Annaberg organ: I hit the tutti button, or play very loud registrations, with lots of stops open, and then suddenly, the entire system hangs up, resulting in a loud continuous sound. I reset the polyphony to around 3000 or more, but the problem persists. I think it also happened when playing the Martini organ. There I upped the polyphony also, but then things go way worse. Also with the sound.

What's the cause and the fix?

Thanks.

mdyde

Re: HW 5 gets stuck

PostSat Jul 18, 2020 4:57 am

Hello Adri,

Please first:

- Make sure that you're using Hauptwerk v5.0.1 (not v5.0.0). You can check via 'Help | About Hauptwerk' in Hauptwerk.

- Make sure that Hauptwerk reports at least a few GB remaining as 'free' once those particular organs have been loaded. (If you over-fill the computer's memory then it make freeze or crash.)

- Test the computer's RAM to make sure it doesn't have any faults. (If you're using Windows 10, then here's one article that explains how to do that: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-chec ... windows-10 .)

- Make sure the latest drivers are installed for your audio and MIDI interface(s), and any other hardware on the computer.

If those things don't solve it, then please create a diagnostic file (Help | Create a diagnostic file') and send them to Francois at support [at] hauptwerk.com.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

adri

PostFri Jul 24, 2020 2:29 am

Hello Martin and sorry for my late thank you !

Yes, I still have the first version of HW5.

Is the newer latest version just an automatic upgrade in the sense that I don't have to tell my PC where all the files go, as they are spread out over different drives?

Thanks.

mdyde

PostFri Jul 24, 2020 3:28 am

Thanks, Adri. No problem.

Yes -- you just need to download the v5.0.1 installer, then run it and click Ok/Next/Finish to step through the wizard panes, leaving all options in the installer at their defaults, and it will upgrade you existing installation without losing any of your settings. Here are download links for v5.0.1:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18416

(For good measure, it's always a good idea to use 'File | Backup ...' in your current Hauptwerk installation before applying any upgrade. The full instructions can always be found in the 'Upgrading or re-installing Hauptwerk' section in the main Hauptwerk user guide -- pages 25-29 in the current v5.0.1 version: https://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation/ , and the release notice covers what was new/changed in it above v5.0.0.)
Best regards, Martin.

adri

PostFri Jul 24, 2020 3:37 am

Thanks. Us being in Europe we get answers quicker. :-)

Have a great weekend.

mdyde

PostFri Jul 24, 2020 3:38 am

Thanks, Adri. You're very welcome. You too.
Best regards, Martin.

adri

PostFri Jul 24, 2020 9:34 am

All is well, no more crashes of the Annaberg organ even with two arms on full organ keyboards. :-)

mdyde

PostFri Jul 24, 2020 9:52 am

Thanks, Adri. Excellent.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support