It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:23 pm

MIDI Input path settings

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

conacher

MIDI Input path settings

PostThu Jan 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Hello,

I am problably being stupid, and doing something wrong, but every time I start up Hauptwerk I have to re-enter the MIDI Input path settings for my pedalboard and 3 keyboards.

This also applies to my Crescendo pedal settings (I have no Swell pedals connected or available yet)

I am using an M-Audio Midisport 4X4 to connect everything up to the PC.
Input A is Swell on MIDI Channel 4
Input B is Great on MIDI Channel 1
Input C is Choir on MIDI Channel 3
Input D is Pedal on MIDI Channel 2

I use these settings for the Miditzer 3 Manual Special and wanted to use the same in Hauptwerk.

I am having great fun playing with the Skinner which arrived earlier this week. Wow! Incredible!

I would also like the Skinner to load automatically when Hauptwerk starts up, is this possible?

Regards,

David Mansergh

mdyde

PostThu Jan 11, 2007 1:45 pm

Hello David,

How do you close Hauptwerk? Does it exit cleanly? The settings are saved on exit, so if the computer is turned off without Hauptwerk having closed properly, they may not have been saved. If you look in the log file (Help menu) you should the line 'INF:0403 Hauptwerk has finished shutting down.' if it previously closed properly.

When Hauptwerk starts do you get any error or warning messages about MIDI/audio devices having been removed?

If the above doesn't allow you to solve the problem, please ZIP and email the log file to me.

I would also like the Skinner to load automatically when Hauptwerk starts up, is this possible?

Load the organ, use 'Organ | Set current organ as stand-by organ | it to stand-by organ | ... 1', then use 'General settings | General options' to set 'Organ loading mode when Hauptwerk starts' to 'Load and activate first stand-by organ'.

Best regards,
Martin.

Mike Ludwig

PostThu Jan 11, 2007 3:31 pm

Hi Martin, I have a similar question:

I have saved a combination file, then when it is loaded I save the current organ as stand-by organ, but upon reloading the stand-by organ the combination file doesn't load with the organ (the default combination loads). I am sure I did something wrong...thanks for your help.
Mike Ludwig

mdyde

PostThu Jan 11, 2007 5:00 pm

I have saved a combination file, then when it is loaded I save the current organ as stand-by organ, but upon reloading the stand-by organ the combination file doesn't load with the organ (the default combination loads). I am sure I did something wrong...thanks for your help.

Hello Mike,

You need to assign it to stand-by combination slot 1, then use 'Organ settings | General options' to set 'Combination set start-up mode' to 'Load first stand-by combination set'.

Best regards,
Martin.

conacher

MIDI Input path settings

PostThu Jan 11, 2007 6:17 pm

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the advice. I have been closing Hauptwerk using File | Exit
and the message 'INFO:0403 Hauptwerk has finished shutting down', is appearing in the Log File, so nothing wrong there.

I was getting 3 warning beeps each time I started Hauptwerk, so after a bit of head-scratching, I found that the problem seemed to be me using the wrong driver for MIDI Music Playback.

I have now used the correct driver, and all is now well. Settings are being saved, and upon starting Hauptwerk there are now no warning beeps, and all settings are present.

Thanks again.

Regards,

David Mansergh

Mike Ludwig

PostThu Jan 11, 2007 7:16 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Martin.

Return to Technical support