It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:05 am

Modest GUI suggestion for post-6.0.1

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

bobhehmann

Modest GUI suggestion for post-6.0.1

PostFri Nov 27, 2020 11:38 pm

I'd like to suggest moving the menu-item "Assign current organ as favorite" somewhat away from its near look-alike cousin "Load favorite organ" on the PC GUI. When populated, the drop-downs look almost identical (easy to confuse), and "Assign" takes immediate action without user confirmation (understandable given the MIDI-automation emphasis driving the GUI.)

Several times already I've over-written an established favorite when my intent was simply to load a new organ off the favorites list - and it wasn't always after midnight when I made this mistake :oops: . Instead of opening the new organ, this user's mistake overwrites the new organ's existing slot in Favorites with the current loaded organ, the one I'm shutting down. I figure "Assign" is done infrequently, whereas "Load" is fairly common. With the extended Favorites list size in HW6, I'm doing all my cached-organ loads from that menu. For a MIDI/automation user, this won't matter, but as a strictly PC/mouse user at this point, it is an easy mistake to make, unprotected by any "Are you sure?" dialog when overwriting.

Cheers, Bob

PS - lovin' it!
Cheers, Bob

mdyde

Re: Modest GUI suggestion for post-6.0.1

PostSat Nov 28, 2020 4:35 am

Hello Bob,

[Topic moved here.]

Thanks very much for the suggestion. I've logged it in our enhancements database for future consideration.

(Just for future reference, this is the intended route for submitting enhancement requests, which ensures that periodically they get considered and reviewd properly: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12099. No need to re-submit this one, though, since I've logged it now.)

Thanks again.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

smfrank

PostSat Nov 28, 2020 7:32 am

It would be really nice if the Favorites could open in a window so you could move, insert, delete, etc without constantly having to open the menu after each action. Open the window, do all your adjustments, then hit OK or SAVE.
My 2 cents.
Steve
Steven Frank

mdyde

PostSat Nov 28, 2020 7:44 am

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the additional suggestion.

Hauptwerk's 'favourites' and editor facilities, are designed specifically for full MIDI control ( viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18416 ). If instead using a mouse/touch-screen, then the controls panels are intended as the primary interface for using/editing them. For example, the new v6+ 'Cued favorites (all types) and utility functions menu' is provided for the purpose (along with a corresponding set of mini control panels).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support