It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:06 am

Martin (or anyone) Scoping not working as per User Manual?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

B777Captain

Martin (or anyone) Scoping not working as per User Manual?

PostSat Nov 28, 2020 8:28 pm

Hello Martin:

I’m trying to scope each keyboard individually on eventually all of my classical samples using Divisional pistons on my console.

I’m following the User Guide 6.1 to the letter, but for some reason, I cannot get the Scope and Setting pistons on the menu to light up simultaneously that the user guide says should happen. They only light up singularly. Can you please assist?

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

mnailor

Re: Martin (or anyone) Scoping not working as per User Manu

PostSat Nov 28, 2020 11:24 pm

Are you on HW 6? If you're running HW 4 or 5, the directions on page 115-116 of the 6.0.1 user guide are not correct for earlier versions due to an added feature. You'll have to use the version 5 user guide. Email support@hauptwerk.com to request a copy. The quick story is that for v 4 and 5 you only turn on the Scope button and press each divisional piston to define its scope to the currently on stops, couplers, trems, etc.

For v 6, the setter is used with scope now, and the previous process just displays the currently defined scope of the piston instead of setting it. Nice to have!

If you are on 6.0.0 or 6.0.1 like I am, when I follow the directions by pressing the Scope and Setter buttons on the large registration window (not involving my console), they both stay lit and defining the scope works as documented. Please test that on your touch screen or mouse without pushing any pistons on your console to make sure you can do it.

When I use my setter and scope pistons on my CMK3 keyboards, I have to make one change to the directions. My setter piston is hold-and-release, not press twice to toggle the setter on and off. I have to press my scope piston to turn scope on, then press and hold set, press the first divisional scoped piston to define its scope (all per directions so far), then *release* and re-press set to define the scope on each divisional piston instead of holding set throughout -- if (and only if) the divisionals I'm defining scopes for are on the same manual as the set button. I assume that's an interaction in the CMK keyboard itself, but it's easy enough to do it.

(Apologies for inserting myself -- I'll pretend to be "or anyone" for now since I'm no Martin...)

mdyde

PostSun Nov 29, 2020 4:38 am

Hello Pat,

To confirm Mark's very thorough reply (thanks, Mark), please check via 'Help | About Hauptwerk' that you are actually running Hauptwerk v6 (as opposed to v5). In v5 the Scope and Set pistons were mutually-exclusive (turning either one on would turn off the other), but in v6+ they behave differently (and can both be on simultaneously). This is the description of how they now work from the release notice:

Important: master scoped (ranged) pistons now behave differently if the setter and/or scope mode are turned on:

- If both the setter and scope mode are on, then triggering a scoped piston will set its scope;
- If the setter is on, but scope mode is off, then triggering a scoped piston will set its stored registration (within its currently-defined scope);
- If the setter is off, but scope mode is on, then triggering a scoped piston will recall (show) its current scope;
- If neither the setter, nor scope mode, are on, then triggering the scoped piston will recall its stored registration (within its currently-defined scope).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

B777Captain

PostFri Dec 04, 2020 8:45 pm

I just upgraded to HW6 today....

I will try your suggestions but I must say... I’m not optimistic.

I will advise...

Thanks to both of you.

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

mdyde

PostSat Dec 05, 2020 4:01 am

Hello Pat,

Thanks very much for upgrading to v6.

Hauptwerk's master scoped pistons definitely do work properly in v5, and in v6. You just need to be aware of those key differences in how they're designed to work in relation to the 'Scope' and 'Set' functions. The v6 user guide also covers how to use them (for v6, of course).

Anyway, hope you enjoy v6.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support