It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:54 pm

More Globals

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

StephenM

More Globals

PostSun Nov 29, 2020 8:49 am

Since I load so many organs, (I play a different organ or trial organ each day) the Global MIDI assignment is fantastic.

I now wonder why HW6 does not have a Global MIDI assignment for the main volume control, the crescendo control (especially if the sample set includes a cres) and the reverb mixer. This last one seems to be the most obvious one to include.

Could HW6 include a native volume control for each channel (as some sample sets do already) which could also be setup globally?

Stephen

mdyde

Re: More Globals

PostSun Nov 29, 2020 9:12 am

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for the suggestion.

StephenM wrote:I now wonder why HW6 does not have a Global MIDI assignment for the main volume control, the crescendo control (especially if the sample set includes a cres) and the reverb mixer.

The reasons they weren't added for v6 were simply that it would have been quite a bit of extra work to add them, since they would require an entirely new screen (v5 alreay had a global-level menu function triggers screen, just without many functions on it), so adding a screen for those three sliders would have had to come at the expense of not including one of the other major enhancements in v6. The benefit for those sliders was felt to be fairly small (compared to the much bigger benefit that the pistons provide), given that there are at most those three sliders that one might potentially want to configure in the same way for all organs, and auto-detecting three sliders for an organ takes only a few moments (unlike lots of pistons).

However, we do have an enhancement request logged to cover potentially adding that functionality for a future version.

StephenM wrote:Could HW6 include a native volume control for each channel (as some sample sets do already) which could also be setup globally?

We also have enhancement requests logged that cover adding MIDI-mappable real-time sliders for controlling overall audio perspectives (and extending native support for surround-sound sample sets in general).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support