It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:17 am

Tables for CODM use

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

ldeutsch

Tables for CODM use

PostTue Dec 08, 2020 4:23 pm

I do much of my CODM development work remotely from my Hauptwerk installations, using my own tools and XML editors. Beginning with HW V, the detailed tables that define the syntax for the various CODM elements are no longer documented in the provided PDF CODM User Guide. Although these data ARE available within a running copy of HW, this is not very good for my application.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get documentation for these tables as a separate text file of some sort?

My only alternative at the moment is to continue using the Guide form HW 4.1, which is likely getting out-of-date quickly.

Les

ldeutsch

Re: Tables for CODM use

PostTue Dec 08, 2020 5:40 pm

Never mind!

I discovered that the PF file I was seeking resides in

~username/Hauptwerk/HauptwerkInternalWorkingFiles/GeneratedDocumentation

There, the file HauptwerkCustomOrganDefinitionFormat.html contains all the tables I was seeking already in a very nice indexed PDF format. It is even better than it used to be. Thanks again Martin!

Les

mdyde

Re: Tables for CODM use

PostWed Dec 09, 2020 4:44 am

Thanks, Les.

Yes -- those documents get generated dynamically (in the latest formats for the version of Hauptwerk being run) whenever you use the corresponding item on the 'Design tools' menu to view them. (If you wanted to, you could then just copy them out of that folder to somewhere convenient in order to be able to access them easily when Hauptwerk isn't running.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support