It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:28 am

iLok question

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

johnstump_organist

iLok question

PostTue Dec 15, 2020 3:40 pm

From what I've read on the FAQ at iLok I think the answer is yes, but want to make sure before I do something irrevocable.
Can I activate my license to the cloud, use HW that way, close the cloud session and re-activate my license to the dongle?
Thanks in advance
John

tf11972

Re: iLok question

PostTue Dec 15, 2020 4:55 pm

Hello John,
when you redeem an activation code in the iLok manager, the activation is in the cloud first. Then you simply drag and drop this license onto your iLok dongle. Now you can use the license without an internet connection.
This process is always reversible.
Best regards
Thomas

www.forestpipes.de

mdyde

Re: iLok question

PostWed Dec 16, 2020 4:27 am

Hello John,

To add to Thomas' reply, yes -- you can freely deactivate a licence from either location (iLok dongle, or iLok Cloud), and re-activate to the either the same location, or the other (iLok dongle, or iLok Cloud) as many times as like, and at any time, with no restrictions.

tf11972 wrote:when you redeem an activation code in the iLok manager, the activation is in the cloud first.

That's not actually necessarily always the case, in that when you redeem an activation code it doesn't have to go to iLok Cloud first -- if an iLok dongle was attached at the time then iLok License Manager would ask you where/whether you wanted to activate the redeemed code (iLok dongle, or iLok Cloud). (If no dongle was attached at the time, then it would only give you the option of activating it to iLok Cloud.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support