It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:42 pm

To low ? audio signal in HW 5/6

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

hgeurten

To low ? audio signal in HW 5/6

PostTue Dec 22, 2020 6:56 am

Hello Martin/Francois
Ever since a year ago we have HW 5 or 6 and I notice a clearly lower audio output signal difference in the new HW system in comparison with the predecessor.
So my first question is, is my statement correct in this.
Because I use a Motu 2 audio device (https://motu.com/en-us/products/m-series/m2/), of which I’m very happy with, I have to increase the unit volume more than ever before in HW 4, as far I can remember.
It’s even that I have to put most organs somewhere around the 0 dB to get a bit of a green signal reflection on the Motu screens channels or audio volume than before.
I contacted Motu, but they can’t change the input value they say, I have to be with the supplier of the signal, they say there input signals are towards the custom standards to get good reflections.
To get even a higher, for me, even better green reflection on the unit, I have to adjust the level in HW to around +10 dB, with the result that with plenty stops active I run into the famous crackling noises as you know.
Could you gif me your reaction on my findings.
Thank you and happy hollidays to your people
Best regards
Hubertus

mdyde

Re: To low ? audio signal in HW 5/6

PostTue Dec 22, 2020 7:09 am

Hello Hubertus,

In itself, simply using Hauptwerk v5+ compared to v4 would make no significant difference to audio levels. Of course, if you had an impulse response reverb applied (via Hauptwerk's Mixer) or had adjusted any level settings on the mixer or voicing screen then that could potentially affect output level.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support