It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:04 pm

Cannot submit licence migration to HW5/6

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

jwillans

Cannot submit licence migration to HW5/6

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 7:49 am

I've finally managed to find time to upgrade from HW4 to HW6 and have got to the stage where HW is running under ilok and I'm now migrating the sample set licences. Having generated the migration request and got the file dump, the button on the following submission page suggests that I'm not logged in - although I think I am, but the "my account" button is not responsive so I can't really tell:

https://www.hauptwerk.com/prevvilicensemigrations/

What to do?

As an aside, the DDoS technology on the HW webpage is immensely annoying - there are much better (and less invasive) ways of protecting against these types of attacks (i.e. hosting on AWS and using AWS shield).

micdev

Site Admin

Re: Cannot submit licence migration to HW5/6

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 10:02 am

Good morning,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Try to connect using this link https://hauptwerk.com/my-account

If you still have problem, contact me at support [at] hauptwerk.com
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

jwillans

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 12:48 pm

Thanks Francois - the issue was solved by following your response to another post which observed that the transfer needed to be bought in order for the form to be used. Rather annoyed that I've had to pay an additional $30 for this transfer when it was initially included in the HW5 upgrade costs that I bought on release.

marcus.reeves

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 5:11 pm

jwillans wrote:Thanks Francois - the issue was solved by following your response to another post which observed that the transfer needed to be bought in order for the form to be used. Rather annoyed that I've had to pay an additional $30 for this transfer when it was initially included in the HW5 upgrade costs that I bought on release.

To be fair, it was made very clear that the licence migration was free for a period and numerous reminders were published close to the deadline. This fee perhaps wasn’t included in the fee we paid to upgrade to HWV (since this did not change once the initial offer ended) rather MDA offered it gratis for a period. I don’t think you have anyone to blame.
Best wishes,
Marcus

Return to Technical support