It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:20 pm

Base pitch - match temperament file or change on the fly

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

neilt

Base pitch - match temperament file or change on the fly

PostWed Mar 31, 2021 9:27 am

I have a couple of questions about base pitch:

Is there any way to bypass any base pitch setting and simply have it match what is stored in the temperament file? I see temperaments specify Hz values for every midi note available. Ideally, I'd like to grab whatever arbitrary value is stored at midi note 69 in the temperament file and have that be the base pitch.

If that is not possible, is there some way to jump to an arbitrary base pitch with a midi signal? I see options for A440, for the organ's original base pitch, or to increment by a certain amount. What about an arbitrary defined value?

ps I just upgraded to v6 and am loving it so far :)

mdyde

Re: Base pitch - match temperament file or change on the fly

PostWed Mar 31, 2021 10:18 am

Hello Neil,

neilt wrote:Is there any way to bypass any base pitch setting and simply have it match what is stored in the temperament file? I see temperaments specify Hz values for every midi note available. Ideally, I'd like to grab whatever arbitrary value is stored at midi note 69 in the temperament file and have that be the base pitch.

If that is not possible, is there some way to jump to an arbitrary base pitch with a midi signal? I see options for A440, for the organ's original base pitch, or to increment by a certain amount. What about an arbitrary defined value?

No -- those things aren't currently possible, I'm afraid, although facilitating jumping to user-defined/selected base pitches is logged as an enhancement request. I'll add your notes to it. (The exact pitch values, as opposed to relative pitch/interval increments, are specified in temperament files only for historical reasons, since in Hauptwerk v2/v3 there was no separate user adjustment for base pitch.)

neilt wrote:ps I just upgraded to v6 and am loving it so far

Excellent. Thanks!
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

neilt

Re: Base pitch - match temperament file or change on the fly

PostWed Mar 31, 2021 10:31 am

OK, thank you for the reply.

Return to Technical support