It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:46 pm

Registration on Vivace 90

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Vangelis

Registration on Vivace 90

PostThu Oct 26, 2023 11:17 am

Hello,

I'm starting a new project. I would like to implement HW in a Viscount Vivace 90 organ. But just before, I have some questions about HW registration.

The vivace 90 propose a nice registration system. Many thumb buttons placed under each manuals control this registration like that:

- 6 buttons control 6 general memories. There are several bank of six memories chosen by a bank selector.
- 6 x 4 buttons control 6 memories per division. As the Vivace 90 has three manuals and pedal, this is why there are 6 x 4 buttons.

So, my question is, am I able to do the same thing with HW registration system ? Am I able to use the same thumb buttons to control the same registration effect like Vivace 90 on the HW registration ?

My question is not HOW TO DO, as HW documentation is great, but IS IT POSSIBLE ?

Thanks to all for your answers

Bernard

mnailor

Re: Registration on Vivace 90

PostThu Oct 26, 2023 12:27 pm

That's a question for the Viscount MIDI implementation guide compared to the Hauptwerk MIDI implementation. If the Vivace's pistons sends MIDI messages that Hauptwerk accepts for its master registration tools (such as general, reversible, scoped, and stepper pistons), then it should work. The HW doc is clear about which types of MIDI messages are accepted for each type of virtual control.

Vangelis

PostThu Oct 26, 2023 1:15 pm

Thanks mnailor, but it is not my question. I forgot to say that of course all thumb buttons will have a Midi code as I will rebuilt all the organ, suppressing the native Viscount electronic. My question is related to the possibility of the HW registration to work like the Vivace 90.

Vangelis

PostThu Oct 26, 2023 1:17 pm

For example : is it possible to manage division memories with HW ?

mnailor

PostThu Oct 26, 2023 1:23 pm

6 banks of general pistons can be done two ways: Use 6 stepper frame triggers such as xx0 to xx5, and use cue +10 and -10 to change banks. Or use 6 master generals and use combination sets for the banks, which will also include divisionals. I'd use stepper frames unless you want a bank change to include more than the generals.

Divisional pistons are done with master scoped pistons.

Master reversibles are also often useful, but not for the cases you mentioned.

Vangelis

PostSun Oct 29, 2023 6:15 am

Many thanks Mnailor for your answer, that answer to some interrogation.

Last point: There are many thumb buttons named HR for hand registration on the Vivace 90. One for general registrations and four per divisions. It seems they are working as memory of the current registration. A push of these buttons recall the previous registration (general or per division) before your call a pre-registered registration. (hope I'm clear but not sure ;-)

Do you think it is possible to do the same thing with the HW registration system ?

Thanks again for your help

Bernard

mdyde

PostSun Oct 29, 2023 6:34 am

Hello Bernard,

Hauptwerk's 'Hand reg" function does essentially that. See the "Registration menu: miscellaneous utility functions" section in the main Hauptwerk user guide (page 151 in the current v8.0 version: https://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation/ ) for full details.

In general, I'd suggest simply experimenting with (e.g. using the mouse) the various functions on Hauptwerk's "Registration" and "Combination stepper (all)" large control panels ("View | Large floating control panels"). It will probably quickly be obvious what they do, and if needed you can check in detail from the various "Registration menu: ..." sections in the user guide (pages 97-152).

[Edit: P.S. Hauptwerk's 'Hand reg' is general in scope, not division-specific.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mnailor

PostSun Oct 29, 2023 8:04 am

Hand Registration only works to recall a registration you set by turning the stop and coupler controls on directly (by poking touch screens or console controls mapped directly to stops) without any registration aids, then have altered or replaced by using one or more combination pistons. There aren't specific divisional HR buttons in Hauptwerk, but it's not hard to keep a divisional scoped piston free and set it right after you hand register for that division, and the free scoped pistons can be assigned to your divisional HR pistons. The save just doesn't happen automatically.

Divisional HRs are unusual on real organs. Not something you'd want to rely on necessarily.

Vangelis

PostSun Oct 29, 2023 10:46 am

Many thanks to Martin and Mnailor, that's encourage me to reproduce the Vivace registration management. Hope to be able in a few weeks to show you a good result.

Thanks really to all

Bernard

mnailor

PostSun Oct 29, 2023 12:24 pm

Best of luck!

mdyde

PostSun Oct 29, 2023 12:44 pm

Thanks, Bernard. Hope it all works out well.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support