It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:16 am

Help with downloading files!

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

cochereau32

Help with downloading files!

PostWed Dec 13, 2023 12:57 pm

I hope some seasoned Hauptwerker can give me some advice because I’m about to loose what is left of my mind haha. I have tried downloading a recent update to a sample set that required the downloading of all new .rar files and the complete deleting of the old instrument. So I have no sample set to use now because I was told to completely uninstall the old version.
I’ve gone through the installation process an embarrassing number of times and each and every time I get an error message:

The file /Volumes/PRO-G40/Billerbeck_vol1.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r00' couldn't be extracted.
Likely causes of errors are that the file was corrupted during download, and will need to be downloaded again, or that media on which it was supplied couldn't be read properly, or that you may have run out of disk space.
The activity log will now open to show details of the error (s).
Message code (for diagnostic purposes): 1166

So I assume that the file mentioned (in this case .r00) was corrupted in the download process somehow. I then download it again. And so on through at least half of the files. I tried downloading them on igetter, on safari and on Chrome and I get the same errors every time.
Any ideas???
Last edited by cochereau32 on Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mdyde

Re: Help with downloading files!

PostWed Dec 13, 2023 1:37 pm

Hello cochereau32,

I have no experience myself with Sonus Paradisi's Billerbeck sample set, but I'd recommend:

- Make sure that you have downloaded *all* of the parts of the sample set into the same folder. (If one part is missing, you may get an error message misleadingly saying that a file is corrupted.)

- Check that the MD5 checksum of each of the parts matches the sample-set producer specified value for it:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18551&start=75#p157614
How to check the MD5 checksum of a file:
- On macOS: https://osxdaily.com/2009/10/13/check-m ... -your-mac/
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

evertjan

PostWed Dec 13, 2023 2:32 pm

In addition to Martin's answer

Before you re-download a file you have to delete the old one, which is wrong. If not done, the file extension is changed and HW doesn't see the new file during installing the sample set.
If you download the files on an other PC then the HW PC (HW runs on a PC not connected to internet), then you also have to check the MD5 checksum of each file on the HW PC, as written by Martin. This because transferring the files from internet PC to HW PC can give errors because the quality of USB stick, the USB connector contacts, etc.

The problem is not the Sonus Paradisi download server. In my opinion it's the best performing server in HW country. It also has file resume on board if the internet connection is broken for a short time. To use this you have to use a download manager, as mentioned by you (iGetter)

cochereau32

PostWed Dec 13, 2023 5:05 pm

Thank you both for your replies. Martin- if I find that the md5 checksum value doesn’t match what the sample set producer says it should be, what do I do… download the file again or….?

evertjan

PostWed Dec 13, 2023 5:15 pm

Yes, you have to download that file again.
But first, delete the old, wrong file from your Mac, and then download it again

And keep other files with a good MD5 checksum.
If all files are correct, than install it in Hauptwerk

Return to Technical support