It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 pm

Swell Pedal Expression Range

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

redbeard

Swell Pedal Expression Range

PostMon Dec 18, 2023 9:57 am

Hello,

I'm using the Mount Carmel Skinner dry sample set with Hauptwerk 7. I'm trying to soften the swell at the lower limit of it's expression pedal. I see references in past forum posts which recommend adjusting the "Swell boxes: amplitude (dB)" setting for the ranks in the Swell Division. However, I don't have the "Swell boxes: amplitude (dB)" setting in my Hauptwerk 7. I have tried various settings on the Swell ranks, using the "All perspectives: swell boxes mod: amplitude (pct)." in the Rank Voicing window, but did not notice a lower (than the default) amplitude with the Swell pedal fully "closed".

I've checked the MIDI data from the Swell pedal -- I'm getting values from 1-127.

Any ideas on how to adjust the Swell enclosure to lower the amplitude when closed?

Thank you!

mdyde

Re: Swell Pedal Expression Range

PostMon Dec 18, 2023 11:37 am

Hello redbeard,

Yes -- in Hauptwerk v5+ "All perspectives: swell boxes mod: amplitude (pct)" is the voicing adjustment you would want to use (which is the equivalent of the v4 "Swell boxes: amplitude (dB" voicing adjustment). To make the swell box attenuate amplitude more strongly, make sure that you have the desired Swell rank(s) selected on the voicing screen, select that voicing adjustment, and then use (e.g.) the 'master' slider to turn its value up to a value greater than 100%. For example, if you turn it up fully to 1000% you should find that the Swell ranks become very quiet when the swell box closes.

(I don't have the dry Skinner sample set installed at the moment, but for good measure I just verified that it works properly for me in St. Anne's.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

redbeard

PostThu Dec 21, 2023 11:36 am

Thanks for the information. This did allow me to set the "closed end" of the expression range to something softer than the default.

mdyde

PostThu Dec 21, 2023 1:25 pm

Thanks, redbeard. Excellent. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support