It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:18 am

HW VIII: Perspective temporarily stops working

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

vpo-organist

HW VIII: Perspective temporarily stops working

PostTue Dec 19, 2023 5:19 pm

Hello, yesterday I set up the Northrop as a 6-channel configuration. With a 3rd perspective, you have a little more space out the back. To do this, I also routed the front channels to a bus "Persp3" and set an IR in Persp3.
It works so far, wonderful.

Then I loaded the Pasadena for a comparison. Later, when I reloaded the Northrop, the 3rd perspective didn't work anymore. I checked everything and didn't find any error. That was very frustrating.

Today I load the Northrop and the 3. Perspective works! What happened in Hauptwerk that it didn't work last night and is running today without any changes? The RAM indicator shows 3.3 GB of free memory.

Best regards
Wolfgang

mnailor

Re: HW VIII: Perspective temporarily stops working

PostTue Dec 19, 2023 7:08 pm

When you tracked the indicator lights for ranks in the silent perspective 3, did you see the expected indicators light up on the rank, group, primary buses, and any mixdown buses? That should show where the path is broken, unless it's outside of Hauptwerk, e.g. in your audio interface.

mdyde

PostWed Dec 20, 2023 4:37 am

Hello Wolfgang,

To add to Mark's reply, in case it's relevant, in Hauptwerk v8.0.1 or v8.0.0 if you're routing directly to a primary bus (not via a group) then please make sure that your primary bus is also in at least one group (e.g. use a group such as 1024 as 'dummy' group to put it in -- no need actually to route any ranks to the group): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21023&p=157122#p157122

If that isn't the problem, and if the problem occurs again, then please try looking at the green/red virtual signal activity LEDs on the three audio routing screens as Mark mentioned, and also look in your audio interface driver's control panel to see whether it's showing signal on the relevant channels.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

vpo-organist

PostWed Dec 20, 2023 4:01 pm

Thanks for the tips. I'll have a look at the LEDs next time. I have now created a 1024 dummy group in all configurations, in which I reference all the buses used.

mdyde

PostThu Dec 21, 2023 4:01 am

Thanks, Wolfgang.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support