It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:14 am

Delete unused versions of same sample set

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

dowdds

Delete unused versions of same sample set

PostThu Jan 11, 2024 8:00 pm

I have the Caen Sample set in both Surround v.2 and Surround. The Surround has the mixer so I use that one only. Can I uninstall the v.2 without causing issues with the Surround version I want to keep? Have the same question regarding several versions of the AVO Redeemer Aeolian-Skinner (wet) (extended) (surround) (original). Does uninstalling them remove all the files related to them from the computer or do I have to do that through the Finder?

Thanks,
John

mnailor

Re: Delete unused versions of same sample set

PostThu Jan 11, 2024 9:28 pm

If by "Surround" you mean version 2.67, I don't remember if it's the same organ ID and data package numbers as v2 or not. But do you see two Caen organs in your Load Organ list? If so, you certainly can uninstall the organ you're not using(e.g. v2), without affecting the one you keep (e.g. v2.67) -- I mean the organ, not the data packages.

NOTE: If there aren't any old v2 data packages installed, you're done.

If the data packages are actually distinct between the two versions (different package numbers), you can uninstall the old ones if you can identify the right packages.

Or, to clean it up for sure, you can uninstall both organs, taking the option *not* to delete your settings on the one you're using, then uninstall all the Caen data packages you see, then install Caen 2.67 from the RAR files. You can download them from SP under your account in Products if you didn't save them.

For New Haven, and other samplesets that install more than one organ (ODF) in the same installation, you can always uninstall the organ variants you're not using like wet, dry, semidry, and historical console with and without aardvarks. Don't uninstall the data packages or the organ variant you want to use. Don't choose to delete your settings, because sometimes the variants all share settings (St. Maximin original and extended, for example).

dowdds

PostFri Jan 12, 2024 1:15 am

Thank you very much for the helpful reply. I appreciate it.

John

mdyde

PostFri Jan 12, 2024 4:27 am

Hello John,

To add to Mark's reply (thanks very much as always, Mark), if in doubt about which of a sample set's data packages are/aren't shared between different versions/variants of a sample set, you could potentially contact the sample set producer to check if needed.

dowdds wrote:Does uninstalling them remove all the files related to them from the computer or do I have to do that through the Finder?

Uninstalling removes all files (if you choose the its options and components accordingly) -- it should never be necessary to use Finder to delete any.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support