It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 am

ram usage different between " configurations"?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Wayne Grauel

ram usage different between " configurations"?

PostMon Feb 05, 2024 11:55 am

I loaded HW in another a backup PC while main PC being fixed.
HW copy config files to new computer worked perfectly ( and thank you for that..).

This temp. Pc has 32Gigs Ram ( vs 64), so I loaded Duren (close and front samples) at 16but.

in my main HW config It loaded fine - plays fine ( organ - Eminent 44 stops with KA drawstops)

I use HW ALT config 1 for the Allen at Church. It started the routine of "Loading Duren" -
This took over 20 minutes and I got a Running low on Ram warning. so I canceled and played the Allen's internal radio.

If I had originally saved ( before main PC crash) " HW ALT config 1" for Duren loading 24 bit samples - would the Alt Config attempt to load 24bit samples ( vs the 16 bit samples i specified for the main HW config?

Or, is there some other situation involved?

the only variable here would be after loading HW and testing initial load, I went thru the settings in the "sticky " for Power Management for Audio
Would something there affect available RAM

Thanks in advance~
Wayne

mdyde

Re: ram usage different between " configurations"?

PostMon Feb 05, 2024 12:44 pm

Hello Wayne,

Different rank settings (e.g. 24bit vs. 16-bit) will certainly significantly affect how much memory an organ needs. Also, different PCs may need somewhat different amounts of RAM to be kept from for their operating systems and other processes, depending on what else is installed on them.

Rank settings (and all other settings) are completely independent between different configurations, so changing one configuration's ranks from 24-bit to 16-bit won't affect the rank settings in any other configuration. You would potentially need to change the rank settings in the other configuration(s) too.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support