It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:16 am

one keyboard piston not working, on one sampleset only

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

robsig

one keyboard piston not working, on one sampleset only

PostWed Feb 14, 2024 5:03 am

I have recently embarked on a major project to write down all my piston assignments on all my sample sets. I had been irregular in identifying and cataloging all my stored registrations. It has been great fun and obviously very helpful for playing.

When it came to St-Michel en Thiérache, I realized that piston #7 was not functioning when I tried to set a registration. I can no longer set or call up stops, with this piston only. All the other pistons work normally. Also piston #7 works normally on all other sample sets, both to set and activate stop choices, so it is not a physical problem.

Dos anyone have an explanation, or remedy for this problem? Do I need to reinstall the sample set, and if so, how do I retain all my data, such as saved registrations and voicing alterations?

Just for the record, the piston is mounted on a midiworks keyboard.

RS

mdyde

Re: one keyboard piston not working, on one sampleset only

PostWed Feb 14, 2024 6:14 am

Hello Rob,

If you use just the mouse to operate the sample set's corresponding piston on the virtual console (without touching anything on your MIDI console), does the virtual piston work properly?

If so, if you try auto-detecting your MIDI piston to it (being especially careful not to touch any other MIDI controls, such as expression pedals, whilst doing so) does auto-detection succeed, and does that solve the problem?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mnailor

PostWed Feb 14, 2024 8:54 am

(Please do what Martin said first.)

St. Michel doesn't have any virtual pistons. Do you mean Hauptwerk's Master General #7 or some other virtual control? Was it auto-detected "for all organs" or "for this organ"? If the former, perhaps you overrode the global MIDI assignment for the organ accidentally. If the latter, auto-detect again.

P.S. If you uninstall, decline the option to delete all your settings for the organ. You can use the Organ settings wizard to clear settings by category if you wish.

robsig

PostWed Feb 14, 2024 12:33 pm

Thank you Martin. Pressing auto detect on the virtual console worked right away. However, curiously, each following piston was then disengaged. I had to repeat the process for pistons 8, 9 and 10. Each time auto-detect affected the following piston, not all the following ones.

Thanks for the quick solution, I will remember it if this ever happens again, (though not too likely, it never happened in 10 years).

HW VII, Windows 7 Pro.

I LOOVE my Hauptwerk ! Use it every day!

Thanks again.

RS

mdyde

PostWed Feb 14, 2024 1:04 pm

Thanks very much, Rob. Excellent -- glad to hear it's solved now (whatever might have originally caused it).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support