It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:28 am

custom configuration of piston toolbars

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Anto800

custom configuration of piston toolbars

PostSat Feb 17, 2024 12:46 pm

Hello everyone, I'm using hauptwerk 8 and I'm having problems in the custom configuration of "piston toolbars". I customized the functions for each button of "console windows 2 piston toolbar" with the function "assign a different function for all organs". I assigned 10 adjustable combinations to 10 buttons, for the remaining I assigned the audio midi and performance, mixer and reverb, start recording, end recording, set and general cancel functions. All buttons have been renamed to my liking. Now, having configured the toolbar "for all organs", I expected my changes to be for all sample sets. However, this is not the case. The 10 adjustable combinations, set and general cancel are loaded correctly, while there is no way to memorize the audio midi and performance, mixer and reverb, start rec and stop rec functions for all the sets. Any suggestions? Thanks to all users who offer help!

mdyde

Re: custom configuration of piston toolbars

PostSat Feb 17, 2024 1:40 pm

Hello Anto800,

In Hauptwerk v7+ you can assign a function to a piston either globally, or for the current organ. Based on your description I think you must have both assigned, in which case the per-organ one will override the global one. Here's the excerpt from the v7 release notice that described that:

As in previous versions, Hauptwerk has on-screen virtual piston toolbars which can be docked around the virtual console window, to allow convenient access to its menu/master functions for touch-screen users, and you can/could (re)assign functions to those virtual piston toolbars’ pistons by right-clicking on them. In previous versions, such function assignments were always on a per-organ basis, i.e. functions that you assigned to them within one organ would not affect assignments within any other, so you would need to assign functions to them separately for every organ (even if you always wanted the same functions to be assigned to them).

However, in v7+ when right-clicking on a piston toolbar piston, a menu/master function may now be assigned to it either globally ('for all organs, unless overridden') and/or only for the currently-loaded organ, with any such per-organ assignment overriding the global assignment for that particular piston toolbar piston, for that particular organ. That avoids the need to duplicate the same function assignment for every organ, in cases where you usually (or always) want the same function to be available on a given piston toolbar piston, whilst still allowing you to customize (override) the assignment in case you want to do that for certain organs.

There is also a right-click menu option to clear an overridden function assignment (if any). By default, when loading a new organ for the first time (ever), global assignments are not overridden for it, i.e. the global assignments apply by default. However, if loading an organ that had been loaded in a previous Hauptwerk version, the organ’s existing per-organ assignments will be migrated and retained.

There are new options on both the General Configuration Wizard and the Organ Configuration Wizard for resetting piston toolbar menu function assignments (globally, and where overridden for the currently-loaded organ, respectively). If you’re upgrading to v7 from an earlier version (for which piston toolbar function assignments were always per-organ), and you now instead wish to assign functions globally, then for each organ in turn you should use “Organ settings | Organ Configuration Wizard” with the “Clear piston toolbar menu function assignments that have been overridden for this organ, and customized names" option ticked (unticking all other options, unless you specifically want to clear anything else too).

I've highlighted in bold the portion above that covers how to clear all such per-organ assignments for the currently-loaded organ, which should allow the global assignments to take effect for that organ.

Alternatively you could right click on the relevant individual toolbar pistons and select the "Clear overridden menu function assignment (for this organ only)" option.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Anto800

PostSun Feb 18, 2024 2:12 am

Thanks for the reply! Today I will do some tests based on your instructions!

mdyde

PostSun Feb 18, 2024 5:38 am

Thanks. You're very welcome. Hope it helps.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support