It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 am

Expression Pedal problem

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Charliec

Expression Pedal problem

PostFri Mar 01, 2024 5:02 pm

I have rebuilt my Rogers 340 using Artisan MIDI interface and Masterworks 3/31. My problem is when I try and program my expression pedals by using Auto detect method, I get no output change from min to max. The notes volume stays the same no matter where the pedal is, min or max. On screen, the pedals move when I push them on the organ and when I monitor (using Midi 0X) the min /max levels change. Is there a place in the software that I need to assign the ranks
to a "Chamber" like a rank routing screen? I did get the crescendo pedal to work but the main and solo pedals don't change the sound levels at all. Please help!

mdyde

Re: Expression Pedal problem

PostSat Mar 02, 2024 5:29 am

Hello Charlie,

Welcome to the forum.

Please try:

- Load the MasterWorks 3-31 organ.

- Use the General Cancel (e.g. click on the 'C' virtual piston) to turn off all stops.

- Turn on just the Clarinet 8 stop on the Great.

- Play and hold chord from your MIDI keyboard on the Great virtual keyboard.

- Whilst holding that chord, use the mouse to drag the left-most virtual expression pedal ("Main Pedal") vertically back and forth between its 'fully closed' to 'fully open' positions.

- Do you hear the effect of the swell box upon the Clarinet rank, as you should?

- Stop playing the chord.

- Now use right-click auto-detection on that left-most virtual expression pedal ("Main Pedal"), being careful during auto-detection not to touch any other MIDI controls/pedals, whilst also ensuring that you move the MIDI pedal back and forth several times across its full compass (so that its full range is 'heard' by Hauptwerk), then click 'Done' on the auto-detection screen.

- Now play and hold the chord on the Great again.

- Move that MIDI expression pedal back and forth across its full compass.

- Do you hear the same effect of the swell box upon the Clarinet rank, as you did previously above when using the mouse to move that virtual expression pedal?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Charliec

PostTue Mar 05, 2024 10:24 am

I replied yesterday but an error occurred and it didn't go through. I discovered the problem. The "General" expression pedal was in the max position on the screen causing everything to be at the max settings. Once I brought it down to it's min position everything started working. I had noticed it was up but I didn't realize I could use the mouse to bring it down and I also didn't realize it was keeping all other pedals from working. Your suggestion to move the virtual pedals with the mouse was the key. Thanks a lot.

mdyde

PostTue Mar 05, 2024 10:40 am

Thanks, Charlie. Excellent. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support