It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 pm

Alt. Config 1 (only) - organ loads, then doesn't.

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

dhm

Alt. Config 1 (only) - organ loads, then doesn't.

PostWed Mar 06, 2024 10:07 am

As a HW dealer I have consoles from three builders, and I use several different PCs and a variety of audio/MIDI interfaces for testing.
I'm currently trying to re-activate my long-dormant Classic MIDI Works console, and using HW alt.config.1 to avoid overwriting other settings. Now I'm seeing some very strange behaviour:
When loading a sample-set I see the usual progression up to 100%, then "Please wait while audio and MIDI loads".
At that point the organ disappears from view. No console (or any other) view. It simply isn't there.
All the tabs at the top of the screen (File, view, organ, etc) are still there, and functional.
I get the same result for every sample-set I try to load, but this only happens with alt.config.1.
Hauptwerk (Primary Configuration) and alt. configs 2 &3 work normally.
I have copied/pasted the alt.config.1 icon into the Windows10 start-up menu so that it loads automatically.
If I copy/paste the other HW icons into start-up, they all work normally. Only alt.config 1 doesn't.

Martin and others, any suggestions??
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

mdyde

Re: Alt. Config 1 (only) - organ loads, then doesn't.

PostWed Mar 06, 2024 10:51 am

Hello Douglas,

[Topic moved here.]

When "Please wait while audio and MIDI starts" is shown Hauptwerk is trying to start the audio and MIDI devices/drivers that you have enabled (within the Hauptwerk settings for that Hauptwerk configuration) . Probably one of those devices is failing to start (e.g. crashing). If you look in the log ("Help | View activity log") straight after it has happened the last few lines will probably show you which device it is.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support