It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 pm

Corrupted download file for Mt. Carmel

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

MarcFCheban

Corrupted download file for Mt. Carmel

PostTue Mar 19, 2024 8:36 pm

Hi everyone! I recently successfully upgraded to HW 8. and bought the newer version of the Mt. Carmel sample set that is compatible with it. I am running Windows 10.? I was successful in downloading the 3 files of the sample set, but when I tried to install File 1, it kept giving me a message that the downloaded file was corrupt and couldn't be extracted. I tried 3 more times to download it, but got the same message. Files 2 and 3 were extracted and installed just fine. What do I do?

Thank you.... Marc Cheban

mdyde

Re: Corrupted download file for Mt. Carmel

PostWed Mar 20, 2024 3:55 am

Hello Marc,

Thanks very much for upgrading to v8.

If you try downloading the file via the download link in the document that's here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17988

.... does that install properly for you?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

MarcFCheban

PostWed Mar 20, 2024 1:04 pm

No, it doesn't work. I got a message that the version of Mr. Carmel is not compatible with the version of HW that I have installed, Version 8.x

mdyde

PostWed Mar 20, 2024 1:24 pm

Thanks, Marc.

I've had quick look in PACE's system, and it doesn't appear that you've activated the iLok licence for the sample set yet. You need to do that before installing it. If there is an activation code in your order confirmation email (or in your account on MDA's on-line shop) then in iLok License Manager use "Licenses | Redeem Activation Code" and copy/paste the code into it, then when prompted select your iLok dongle as the destination for the licence.

You should then be able to install the files for the sample set (download links for which are in the download document I linked to above).
Best regards, Martin.

MarcFCheban

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 10:18 am

Thank you, Martin, for your patience with me. I've done everything you suggested. I have the HW8. installed and activated on the iLock, as well as the Mt Carmel files. I still get the same error message. I have no idea why this is not working....

mdyde

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 10:25 am

Thanks, Marc.

Please use "Help | Create a diagnostic file", and then attach it to an email to support[at]hauptwerk.zendesk.com . Francois (who handles that email address) should then be able to see from your log the specific messages and sequence of actions leading up to them, and hopefully will thus be able to see what might be causing the problem.
Best regards, Martin.

MarcFCheban

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 1:09 pm

Thank you Martin. Here is a random thought: When you sent me the link to the Milan digital instrument download page, I noticed that it said "Hauptwerk V" at the top of the page. Could this be a factor?

mnailor

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 1:44 pm

No, HW 5 versions of samplesets run on HW 8. Encrypted samplesets had to be repackaged going from HW 4 to 5, and it hasn't needed an update after that.

MarcFCheban

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 1:50 pm

Thank you!

Return to Technical support