It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:40 am

Legend for stops and couplers for the St. Anne's organ.

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

mojavemike1

Legend for stops and couplers for the St. Anne's organ.

PostSun Dec 05, 2004 12:54 pm

Hello..I am experimenting with a 16 key programable X-Key Stick, but am having trouble reading the legends (the small ones for the keyboard) on the monitor using the St. Anne's organ console. Is there a pic anywhere that is more legible ?
Thanks..
Mike

henk

PostMon Dec 06, 2004 2:36 pm

Mike,
I'm modifying a USB-qwerty-keyboard to use for controling the Stop's.
This keyboard (KYE SYSTEMS CORP KB-19e NB) is very slim and the keys are flat. I cover the keys with printed textile.
This print shows the key profile and the text of the stop.
I made this print in drawing program Autocad. By this way I have a cheap stopcontrole but still ofcourse without feedback.
If you like I can mail a photo or a autocad drawing in dwg, dxf or wmf.
Maybe the keysize is the same as your x-key.

Henk

mojavemike1

PostTue Dec 07, 2004 12:12 pm

Hello Henk,
Thanks for replying, but I think you misunderstood my question..it was the very small keyboard letters that were allocated next to the stops on the St. Annes console. Some of these were hard to read.
Trial and error finally solved the problem.
I imagine that the X-Keys <http://www.piengineering.com/> are similar to the ones you are using.

Mike.

henk

PostTue Dec 07, 2004 4:10 pm

Hello Mike,
The x-keys look more profesional; all keys have the same size and you can print your own legends.

My USB-keyboard has more keys available. Ofcourse I can't use all key's like F1, F2, F3, ... and Backspace, Shift Ctrl. But it is anough for the stops of the St. Annes console.

Do you use more than one ''16 key programable X-Key Sticks'' paralel?

Henk

mojavemike1

PostTue Dec 07, 2004 4:36 pm

Hello Henk,
At the moment I am experimenting with just one, but since they are USB, you can have multiple units, and they don't conflict with each other. My idea was to put Velcro on the base and attach them to a convenient place on the organ, one for each keyboard and pedals. As you probably noticed, there are other types of X-Keys with more keypads, but the 16 key stick was the cheapest to experiment with.
Mike.

SMann

PostTue Dec 07, 2004 5:47 pm

Mike,

I know what you are asking. There is a file in the Hauptwerk program directory called "ShortcutKeys.ini". Open it with a text editor and also open the St. Anne's organ definition file. You will see that in the definition of each stop in the St. Anne's file there is an entry called "ShortcutKey=" followed by a number. Look down the list in the ShortcutKeys.ini file for that number and you will see the character that it displays on the Hauptwerk console. For instance, "ShortcutKey=065" would display an "A" on the console.

Regards,
Steve Mann

Return to Technical support