It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:17 am

Installing Hauptwerk

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Kronenberg II

Installing Hauptwerk

PostSun Mar 28, 2010 3:54 pm

I'm confused.
I have just received the basic edition and I am looking to installing it. My dedicated organ computer ( which is not online) is currently running the free evaluation programme which was originally downloaded from my online desk computer. According to the installation notes, all I need to do is simply connect the Hauptwerk USB key if there is a previously installed unlicensed/evaluation copy.
On doing this, I get a notice to the effect that "Your Hptwk USB key does not currently contain a valid licence for this version of Hauptwerk. Am I missing something about licences? Should I be putting the new disc into the PC as well?

Help please.

Richard

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Installing Hauptwerk

PostSun Mar 28, 2010 4:58 pm

Hello Richard,

Please see the insert card included in the Hauptwerk software box which has instructions about the licensing. You need to submit a license update request file since by default the Hauptwerk USB keys are sent out without the license contained. You can either email that update request file to the email address listed on the insert card or use the form online at http://www.hauptwerk.com/licenseupdates

If your Hauptwerk computer is not online you can create the file on that computer and transfer it to a computer that is online and send it that way, then do a reverse process when we send the license update back to you.

Thank you and I hope that helps.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

engrssc

Re: Installing Hauptwerk

PostMon Mar 29, 2010 1:40 am

BTW, Richard, an easy way to do as Brett indicated is to use a flash drive which many of us do. This, since we don't put our dedicated H/W computers online. These files that Brett mentioned are quite small.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Technical support