It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:35 am

Screen resolutions for different organs

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

organtechnology

Screen resolutions for different organs

PostWed Apr 14, 2010 11:01 pm

I have a request to change the screen resolution on organ loading to match the requirements of that organ without user participation. Is this possible? If so how?

Pax,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Screen resolutions for different organs

PostWed Apr 14, 2010 11:22 pm

Hello Thomas,

You could look at something like X-Keys which can be used to send in combinations of keystrokes to trigger operating system menus. Hauptwerk doesn't have any way to interact with an operating system function for changing screen resolutions.

If you do a search on the forum you should be able to find some posts regarding using X-Keys for accomplishing this if I recall correctly. While it does involve user participation it can be much faster than using the native operating system functions.

We do have console screen resizing enhancements planned for future versions of Hauptwerk which should also help in this area. In Hauptwerk 3 this is not possible however.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

organtechnology

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 9:43 am

engrssc wrote:Not sure if this utility would serve your purpose: http://www.softarium.com/keyremapper There is also a utility on this site that can be used to change screen resolution via a hotkey combination: http://www.softarium.com/activekeys (useful when changing to certain sample sets).

Rgds,
Ed

The active keys program allows for a win key + another key (I used a and z because they were convenient) to be used to change the 'display mode' which changes screen resolution, color depth and frame rate. That seems to be minimalist enough for a start. Now to find some way to send the two key strokes when loading a new organ......

Pax,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

engrssc

PostFri Apr 16, 2010 1:37 pm

As Brett mentioned, you can use X-Keys (I use the matrix board along with pistons) to select and load the sample set and at the same time, it's preferred screen resolution all with one piston (button) push. You, likewise can add delays between each "command" if necessary. There's no limit to the number of computer keystrokes each connected piston/button "operates".

Others such a court reporters use this type system to lesson their number of actual keystrokes, yet the result will print out entire sentences. Call it "keystroke shorthand". You do have to "tell" H/W what to expect in terms of Computer Keystrokes, say in place of MIDI messages, but that's selectable from the pull down menu.

I don't have my H/W manual handy right now, but I know there are several pages devoted to this.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Technical support