It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:00 am

HW4 & Launchpad Button LEDs

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

wurlitzer28

Re: HW4 & Launchpad Button LEDs

PostSat Mar 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Darn you guys are good! Thank you very much and once again KUDOS.

If you wanted to send additional MIDI output messages from virtual stops/couplers (in addition to those that Hauptwerk sends to control the Launchpad LEDs) then you could configure your additional desired MIDI messages manually by right-clicking the virtual stop, selecting 'Adjust MIDI/trigger settings manually ...', selecting the 'Output 2' tab and configuring them there.

mdyde

PostSun Mar 11, 2012 6:48 am

You're welcome - thanks.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

macman

PostSat Mar 17, 2012 5:03 pm

Hi,

May I please have the Hauptwerk patch to get the Launchpad to work with it? I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jerry

mdyde

PostSun Mar 18, 2012 6:29 am

Hello Jerry,

I've contacted you privately via email.
Best regards, Martin.

macman

PostSun Mar 18, 2012 11:41 am

Thank you Martin for the prompt reply. I downloaded it and will try it later. Thanks again. You guys are super.

Jerry

mdyde

PostSun Mar 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Thank, Jerry.

You're welcome.
Best regards, Martin.

wurlitzer28

PostTue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

To accommodate multiple organ configurations I, like others, tried a few methods to ID the various push buttons.

I found that using a mirrored font (called PRMirror; free download off the web) and typing in all the characters in reverse order in an Excel Spreadsheet then printing those using an ink jet printer on "3M CG3480 Transparency film" I created a very nice looking overlay and the type did not wipe off my fingers as it was printed in reverse so the ink surface was towards the push buttons not my fingers.

I then glued 4 1/4" diameter magnets in each corner of the LaunchPad and used another 4 of the same diameter magnets to hold the transparency in position over the push buttons. These are strong magnets and as of yet the transparency has not moved. Now to change organs I simply remove the magnets and the transparency and place the appropriate transparency over the LaunchPad and pop on the magnets.

NOTE: With my printer the following Row and Column settings in Excel worked perfectly. Your mileage may vary

For the button area Row Height = 75 pixels and Column Width = 70 Pixels

For the spaces between each row/column of buttons: Row Height = 17 Pixels Column Width = 17 Pixels.

Set up a Master File with blanks in for each button area then use that file to create each new organ configuration.

Using a 10 pt Font size and setting each column to CENTER the text I was able to to get quite a few characters into 4 lines of text.

For Example (I am sure the format will get screwed up here but everything is centered);

Solo
English
Horn

To get the image above I had to type oloS-------61-------hsilgnE-----nroH with the dashes being the space bar to force each line of text to its own line. Do not type ---- use the space bar.

In the page setup I decided to have the row/column separator lines printed. It not only helps in placing the overlay in the proper position but IMO they look nice. Again your mileage may vary.

NOTE this free font does not print the ' symbol for feet but the price is right.

chetr@skybest.com

PostWed Apr 25, 2012 8:06 am

Thanks for the start Wurlitzer28

My display is one of the new wide body jobs so the specs you set didn't work too well for me. I had to change open space between buttons to Pixel X Dim to 14 and the Pixel Y Dim to 19. The button Dims worked fine(X Dim=70, Y Dim=75. I found transparency forms at Amazon (CJ 3700). It's for colored laser printers but works fine in my mono laser printer and is cheaper than the mono transparency.

I'm using Office 2010 and the pixel translation is fine when you set up a whole row or column by using your mouse to adjust the top and side edge lines by focusing the line and holding down the left mouse button. Takes a little tongue out of the side of the mouth windage to get it to the right number but practice makes perfect.

It takes a little getting use to get the PRMirror fonts in correctly

mus4utoo

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 10:48 am

I have my system set up to control the stops and other functions via a Launchpad. I noticed on the St. Anne organ when using the melody or bass couplers that the Launchpad LEDs do not stay lit when these pistons are active. It does light up on the launchpad when pressing it but it goes out after releasing it. When pressing it on the launchpad it does stay lit on the display as it is supposed to but it would be nice to have the feedback on the launchpad. Has anyone come up with a solution? Am I setting up something incorrectly?

Thanks,
Joe

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 11:16 am

Hello Joe,

Please let us know which version of Hauptwerk you are running (Help | About Hauptwerk). If you haven't requested the special Launchpad build from us then the button states won't work properly.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 11:21 am

I just checked those pistons, since they are reversibles the states will not remain lit on the Launchpad. The solution in this case could just be to use the Hauptwerk master coupler melody couplers which will remain lit to keep the Launchpad buttons illuminated and inform you of the current state.

melody-coupler.png
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

mus4utoo

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 11:35 am

I am using the launchpad build. 4.1.
I'll try setting it up to use the built in couplers.
Thanks

murph

PostFri Jun 08, 2012 1:49 pm

Howdy,
now that my HW dongle and license file have arrived, any chance of the launchpad version, please?

Many thanks.

p.s. 24 bit is SO much better for Menesterol!!!!!

mdyde

PostFri Jun 08, 2012 4:37 pm

Hello Murph,

I've sent it to you via email.
Best regards, Martin.

murph

PostFri Jun 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Cheers Martin.
Much appreciated.

P.s. Bit late. Watching the Euros?
PreviousNext

Return to Technical support