Search:
Submit Search

Peterborough Cathedral Hill - Sample set Released

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...

Re: Peterborough Cathedral Hill - Sample set Released

Postby Japio » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:36 pm

Thanks Douglas,

Since I read the article of David, I belong to the aliens of the european mainland.... :D

Who is David Butcher? Does he have the divisionals preset? Seems easy to me...
And it seems that my pistons are latching... Maybe I can set them on my midicontroller as "momentary".
I thought HW could handle this.
Japio

Postby engrssc » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:07 pm

David Butcher is the Lavender Audio sample set creator. https://www.lavenderaudio.co.uk/

Rgds,
Ec
engrssc

Postby dhm » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:42 pm

Japio wrote:Thanks Douglas,
Since I read the article of David, I belong to the aliens of the European mainland.... :D

Japio, As a former foreign language teacher I realise that "alien" could be translated in different ways. I intended no discourtesy to you.
By "an alien concept" I meant that divisional combinations are not usually found on mainland European organs, so many Europeans don't know about them, don't use them, and sometimes don't understand them.
In the same way, many non-French organists don't understand "Appel Anches" ventils.
This is one of the great things about Hauptwerk - we can learn so much more about how organs in other countries and cultures are used, both musically and liturgically.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu / http://www.gundulf.org.uk
dhm

Postby Japio » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:07 am

I understood. :D .
my friends don't know how divisionals work. Only generals.
But I heard Agnus Dei playing like an orchestra, and found his article about setting up registration the Anglican way. So, now I know a little how it works and therefore, I adapted my console with about 50 pistons to buy this sampleset so I'm able to play pushing and knockling.
But it is'nt that simple to set it up and store the combinations/divisionals in memory.
Japio

Postby DQB321 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:22 am

Dear Ben

I have only just got around to completing the set up of the Peterborough sample set up on my organ, and I’ve just had a quick blast! I have a number of large sample sets including both Salisbury, Hereford and Armley together with Silver Octopus large Willis set, and whilst I love them all for different reasons, I just love the clarity of your set; it is FABULOUS. May I offer to you my warmest congratulations and thanks for all the hard work you have done – I reckon that you have achieved one of the best sample sets yet.

I look forward to getting to know it better as the times go by and I’m sure I’ll be spending many happy hours with it.

With all good wishes

Quentin Bellamy :)
DQB321

Postby Agnus_Dei » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:31 am

Japio wrote:I just managed to install the organ and can now play it. What a blasting Tuba! Impressive.
One question (maybe not specific related to this organ). How can I set divisionals for the pedal?
I set divisionals for the manuals, but is there need for the pedal as well? Wat does the "great to pedal combs coupled" exactly couple?

Hi Japio!

The DIVISIONAL PISTONS for ALL MANUALS & PEDAL were set-up by me in a "normal usage" English cathedral way of playing manner.

By default in any of the "Combs" registrations that are already there, these pistons, but NOT the Generals should be already present.

As, dhm has said in his answer to you, the GREAT & PED COMS MUST BE ON for the feature of changing the pedal and great stops together. I've set it up so that the Pedal and Great will be "in proportion" to each other.

This is very useful if you have to play something without working out in detail all the changes to keep it all in balance.

This way, if you go up the pistons, everything gets proportionately louder by step, and proportionately softer by step if you come down the pistons.

Once you've engaged the GREAT & PEDAL COMBS knob ON, it will STAY ON until you actually turn it off, so, when you load the set, and the organ turns on, this "coupler" will already be on! :-)

Peace.
Agnus_Dei

Postby Agnus_Dei » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:36 am

Japio wrote:I understood. :D .
my friends don't know how divisionals work. Only generals.
But I heard Agnus Dei playing like an orchestra, and found his article about setting up registration the Anglican way. So, now I know a little how it works and therefore, I adapted my console with about 50 pistons to buy this sampleset so I'm able to play pushing and knockling.
But it is'nt that simple to set it up and store the combinations/divisionals in memory.

Hi Japio!

I'm glad that you liked my "playing like an orchestra," but that comes from lots, and lots, and LOTS of learning how to master the art of "pushing pistons WHILE playing"! It's not easy, but a tremendous skill to master!

I think your question about the "GT & PED COMBS" knob/coupler has already been answered, but if you need any more help, please feel free to ask - on the forum or in a message to me - and I'll do my best to help you!

Peace,

David
Agnus_Dei

Postby Japio » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:07 pm

Thanks a lot for the very kind help from each of you. I did not find divisionals working, exept the swell. How can I get it back from start? If the divisionals are already filled, would be tremendous...
Ther are 6 banks of memory for the divisionals, wich can be selected by the black knob 1-6. Default is bank 6?
Japio

Postby Japio » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:42 pm

Agnus_Dei wrote:[
The DIVISIONAL PISTONS for ALL MANUALS & PEDAL were set-up by me in a "normal usage" English cathedral way of playing manner.

By default in any of the "Combs" registrations that are already there, these pistons, but NOT the Generals should be already present.

Hello David and Ben,

just a few are filled, but most of them are not. I did reload the organ, so I think I started from scratch.
Is there a Combination set-file that I miss? It can be exported and imported. Maybe it can be placed here on the forum for all users?

Best wishes,
Jaap
Japio

Postby Trenchardb » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:45 pm

The Divisionals should be set in bank no 1 (the knob turned all the way anti clockwise). If you’ve adjusted any already (or if you loaded the trial Set first, which is very likely), then you’ll need to “revert all combinations to organ defaults” from the registration menu (since all volumes use the same ODF number, then all versions share the same combinations, and thus when you load the trial first, you load only the combinations for the trial ranks - this will work ok once you reset though, and has the advantage that if you had set up your own combinations in say volume 2, you won’t lose them when you upgrade to volume 3).
Trenchardb

Postby Japio » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Trenchardb wrote:... If you’ve adjusted any already (or if you loaded the trial Set first, which is very likely), then you’ll need to “revert all combinations to organ defaults” from the registration menu

This worked! Thanks a lot!
Now I have to set my pistons in HW as 'momentary"and hope the lights will continue to be on.
It is a lovely sampleset and I'm going to spend a lot of time with it!
It sounds bizar with my new Def Techs (Mythos STS).
Japio

Postby Agnus_Dei » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:23 pm

Japio wrote:
Trenchardb wrote:... If you’ve adjusted any already (or if you loaded the trial Set first, which is very likely), then you’ll need to “revert all combinations to organ defaults” from the registration menu

This worked! Thanks a lot!
Now I have to set my pistons in HW as 'momentary"and hope the lights will continue to be on.
It is a lovely sampleset and I'm going to spend a lot of time with it!
It sounds bizar with my new Def Techs (Mythos STS).

Hi Japio!

I'm glad that Ben explained that!

I probably would have told you the wrong thing. :-)

If you need help, DON'T HESITATE to ask!

Peace,

David
Agnus_Dei

Postby engrssc » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Interesting explanation/description: You will most likely have to cancel the ads

https://youtu.be/ywxFfTHLF_s?t=824?

(Reverb is too long for my taste) :shock: :shock:

Rgds,
Ed
engrssc

Postby James » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:29 am

I just tried to visit the web site of Peterborough Cathedral Hill organ: https://www.audioangelorum.com/DBPage.asp?PageNumber=1, and got this message: www.audioangelorum.com uses security technology that is outdated and vulnerable to attack. An attacker could easily reveal information which you thought to be safe. The website administrator will need to fix the server first before you can visit the site.

Error code: NS_ERROR_NET_INADEQUATE_SECURITY
James
James

Postby dhm » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:39 am

I just clicked on the link you quoted, and got straight to that page without any warning messages.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu / http://www.gundulf.org.uk
dhm

PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments