It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:03 am

PAB vs. MTH

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

SKresge

PAB vs. MTH

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 9:57 am

Does anyone out there have experience with both the Inspired Acoustics Palace of the Arts Budapest v3 Gravissimo Edition and the Melbourne Town Hall Professional Edition sample sets.

With the sale this month I am interested in purchasing one as that is all the budget will allow and was wondering what might be the better of the two to choose.

Doing searches on the MTH yields very few posts on this instrument. Any input or insight on either or preferably both would be greatly appreciated!

Scott

fdewitt

Re: PAB vs. MTH

PostWed Jan 15, 2020 4:51 am

I have the Inspired Acoustics Palace of the Arts Budapest v3 Gravissimo Edition. It can take/require up to 30 gigs of ram use and has a very long reverb time. I like it very much.

Floyd

Lougheed

PostWed Jan 15, 2020 9:23 am

fdewitt wrote:I have the Inspired Acoustics Palace of the Arts Budapest v3 Gravissimo Edition. It can take/require up to 30 gigs of ram use and has a very long reverb time. I like it very much.

Huh?

ludu

PostWed Jan 15, 2020 2:33 pm

Your choice will depend on the music you prefer to play. PAB has rather a French symphonic orientation, while MTH is more in the style of American and English romantic music.

SKresge

PostWed Jan 15, 2020 2:56 pm

ludu wrote:Your choice will depend on the music you prefer to play. PAB has rather a French symphonic orientation, while MTH is more in the style of American and English romantic music.

Luc,

Thank you so much!! That actually helps me out a lot, was looking more for the American/English style.

Scott

Return to Hauptwerk instruments