It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:25 am

1902 Cavaillé-Coll, Saint Eucaire - Now available

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

imcg110

Re: 1902 Cavaillé-Coll, Saint Eucaire - Now available

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi Brett & Team

Just a word of thanks and congratulations on a wonderful sample set.
I finally got around to installing it (with patch) the other day. It really is a charming set. Although some credit must go to to Aristide Cavaille Coll and Charles Mutin, the majority must go to yourselves. You have hit on a winner with the easily manipulated perspective control here. It is a pleasure to use. There is so much detail in the softer ranks here which can be lost on some of the more distant recorded sets. The extensions fit the bill perfectly. The voicing and regulation are great - it all just works out of the box. It really is a very charming organ which feels great under the fingers.

I cannot imagine why anyone would NOT want to buy this one!!

Now.......if only there were to be a re-release of Notre Dame along similar lines.........??

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Thanks Iain,

We appreciate the positive feedback! Glad you are enjoying the instrument.

Now.......if only there were to be a re-release of Notre Dame along similar lines.........??

We could possibly do this. We'll discuss it here and evaluate the recordings and see if that's something that is feasible.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Gert

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Dick Sanderman recorded 21 pieces and wrote a review about: 1902 Cavaillè-Coll/Mutin, Saint Eucaire, Metz.
It is in Dutch, may be you can use Google translation.

Listen and read: http://www.pcorgan.com/SampleSets1902StEucaireEN.html
All (> 300) Hauptwerk recordings of Dick are on: http://www.pcorgan.com/Luister2EN.html
For download/iPad users: http://www.pcorgan.com/DownloadsEN.html

thatminidotcom

PostSat Feb 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Can anyone check whether the bottom-most D Sharp is louder than the notes either side? Seems to be on my installation, both on pedal and the manuals. Thanks

caper1

PostSat May 04, 2013 8:34 am

I realize that perhaps enough has been said about this instrument, but I had to put in my words of appreciation and enthusiasm as I just downloaded it this week. We have been in Florida all winter, and I've been salivating over the CC and looking forward to getting it. Needless to say I'm spending way too much time at the organ when I should be raking leaves and cleaning house. I've been learning a lot about the uniqueness of French organs, trying to learn some Cesar Franck pieces (devilishly tricky - all those accidentals!) and dusting off my copy of Vierne's 24 Pieces. At first I was disappointed I couldn't load the whole organ with the two perspectives with my Basic version of Hauptwerk, but learned that with the different configurations you can have both loaded in, it just takes time to load one or the other. So, thanks again to everyone at Milan for all your work.

thatminidotcom

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 4:42 pm

I can't remember how to turn the volume of the pneumatic action down. Can anyone help pls?

Stefanussen

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 11:10 am

thatminidotcom wrote:I can't remember how to turn the volume of the pneumatic action down. Can anyone help pls?

You may either disable the action noise of the manuals altogether in the rank loading screen, or you may use the voicing feature (provided you have HW4 advanced) to dial back the volume. Good luck!
Rob Stefanussen

thatminidotcom

PostSun Jun 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks Rob - all sorted! I have the HW4 Advanced so took the easy route.

While I was fiddling I loaded up the St Anne's Brindley and Foster. Why does it sound so different to St Eucaire? Is it just that the accoustics are better, or the way it was recorded, or is it just that the organ is totally different?

I can't imagine that I will ever choose the St Anne's again.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostSun Jun 30, 2013 4:48 pm

thatminidotcom wrote:Thanks Rob - all sorted! I have the HW4 Advanced so took the easy route.

While I was fiddling I loaded up the St Anne's Brindley and Foster. Why does it sound so different to St Eucaire? Is it just that the accoustics are better, or the way it was recorded, or is it just that the organ is totally different?

I can't imagine that I will ever choose the St Anne's again.

Different organ, different acoustics, different style!
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments