It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:44 am

Looking for combo set for Paramount 3/41 American style

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

jab8283

Looking for combo set for Paramount 3/41 American style

PostSat Feb 07, 2015 7:00 pm

Hey all, does anyone with the Paramount 3/41 sample set have a combination file I can download and import to my organ of piston presets for registrations commonly used in American theatre pipe organs? It appears when I upgraded to this sample set, all the General Pistons were programmed for the Blackpool sound which I don't detest but would rather have on another memory level.

I'd love to have one or two combination files that I could place on memory levels 1 and 2 that feature registrations common to the American version theatre pipe organ. If you export these to a file then send to me via email, I can download them and import to my sample set where I can play your combinations on my General Pistons 1-15 on memory levels 1 and 2. If you have Divisionals too, I'll use them as well provided they are registrations commonly used in American theatre pipe organs.

I know this latest Paramount 3/41 sample set comes pre-programmed from the U.K. but there are differences in sound between U.K. and the U.S. theatre organs. The sample set came programmed with Blackpool registrations but I want American registrations. If you can help, my email addy is: "James_Barrow_Jr@yahoo.com".
Jim Barrow II
Crawfordsville, IN. USA

amun

Re: Looking for combo set for Paramount 3/41 American style

PostSun Feb 08, 2015 9:19 am

I know this latest Paramount 3/41 sample set comes pre-programmed from the U.K. but there are differences in sound between U.K. and the U.S. theatre organs. The sample set came programmed with Blackpool registrations but I want American registrations. If you can help, my email addy is:

Jim,

I am also interested in the results of Your question.Therefore I would like to ask You to publish them here in this forum.

For my ears it is true that the combo set 2 is Blackpool style, but the combo set 1 IMHO does not differ very much
from the MDA Masterworks VTPO, of which I always thought it were American style.

Although a significant difference in their sound has to be stated. This is AFIK a result of their voicing and the properties of their tremolo, apart from the differing sampling and reproduction methods. Can it be UK and US taste differ on this field?

Rgds,
amun :wink:

Return to Hauptwerk instruments