It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:04 pm

An organ I would like to have sampled

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

student

An organ I would like to have sampled

PostTue May 12, 2015 7:55 am

Greetings to everyone!

I was browsing around the Internet yesterday, actually searching for new info about a public Hauptwerk installation in Brasov, Romania (the same city where the Black Church with the Buchholz organ is located). I couldn't find any news about the Hauptwerk organ, but I read (more in-depth than before, since I already knew this fact) that in the Black Church there are some additional organs. Small organs, not necessarily permanently installed there.
The organ I want to bring to your attention is from a small village called Rupea (also in the Brasov's region). It has an Evangelical church that is in very bad shape and is undergoing a restoration. The same happened to the organ there, just that it is already restored and housed in the Black Church until the conditions of returning it to it's original home are met. Of course the restoration was done with the greatest care to maintain it's original state, even protecting the patina on the pipes!
It was restored by the same company / master as the Buchholz organ (they also made my pedalboard, but that's not at all that interesting). The organ is a single manual with just a few stops plus pedalboard, I believe that it only has a 4 foot Principal. But the solo stops sound, at least to my ears, simply beautiful! Astonishingly so! Also the front pipes are decorated in a very interesting fashion!

The story of the restoration can be seen here: https://youtu.be/3Q5rq0gUA5U
Unfortunately the video is in German with Romanian subtitles. I believe it is interesting to watch even if you don't understand what's being said, since the you can see it's original placement, the organ taken apart, the decoration of the tubes etc. But if you don't have the patience, scrolling to 9:00, 11:14, 12:36 and 14:07 will allow you to hear it's sound! In the second piece, listen to the high pitched notes to hear how sensitive, natural and effortless is the sound!

I would love to have this organ as a sample-set! Deep in my hearth I hope that Jiri, who was already in Brasov for the big organ, has it recorded somewhere on his hard-drives and will someday release a jewel of a Hauptwerk organ!

I hope you will also like the organ and the video...

LE: Another video presenting just two registers: https://youtu.be/u6S5eSO8MO4

Return to Hauptwerk instruments