It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:23 pm

Any news from Sonus Paradisi ?

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

organsRgreat

Re: Any news from Sonus Paradisi ?

PostTue Oct 06, 2015 12:51 pm

Sorry - SLIGHTLY different reason, not lightly! (I haven't worked out how to edit posts yet!).

Update: have now found how to edit posts, but not how to delete :-(

1961TC4ME

PostTue Oct 06, 2015 9:15 pm

organsRgreat wrote:Sorry - SLIGHTLY different reason, not lightly! (I haven't worked out how to edit posts yet!).

No worries, been there, done that. :)

Marc

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue Oct 06, 2015 9:25 pm

organsRgreat wrote:Sorry - SLIGHTLY different reason, not lightly! (I haven't worked out how to edit posts yet!).

Only the Forum Admin have the ability to delete posts.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

organsRgreat

PostSat Oct 10, 2015 4:44 am

Thank you Brett. I run my computer with a green background, because it reduces eyestrain; I find looking at a glaring white screen uncomfortable, and develop a migraine if I do so for too long. However a green background does mean I sometimes miss important things like the “Edit” button.

And thanks Marc for helping me not to feel a complete idiot :-)

murph

PostMon Oct 12, 2015 2:25 pm

Has anyone actually succeeded in downloading the demo?
In part 1 I get a crc error in "pipes\BW\03-LR_nasat3\rel00200\076-E.wav" .
This has happened in the same sample in 2 different downloads, the first with a download manager. 7-zip sees the same error. Rather than waste another €10 on downloading again, has anyone succeded?
If so, any chance of posting the offending file, or should I just substitute for a blank/adjacent?

evertjan

PostMon Oct 12, 2015 3:44 pm

There is no fault in the demo set on the SP site. It runs on my PC.

On the SP site there is on the Gorlitz page a remark about corrupt downloaded files.
Sometimes, a part of the installation package may be corrupt due to the size of the download. When installing, Hauptwerk will always say that the part1 is corrupt. It may be that the part 2 or part 3 is corrupt, but Hauptwerk does not know how to refer to the later parts! So, it always says that only the part no. 1 is corrupt, but in reality, it may be any part corrupt. There is md5 checksum available, so you can check which part is corrupt by controlling the md5. Then, you can try to download that part again and repeat the installation.

For the demo set I have the following info:
MD5 checksum of Goerlitz____1_.part1.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.rar: 8776fa5b534739e0d7e4603cf8d32441
File size: 4.698.669.056 bytes
MD5 checksum of Goerlitz____1_.part2.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r00: 721b18646eab58f5d983ae517e801e4b
File size: 3.182.098.354 bytes

First do a check which file is corrupt with winmd5 (http://www.winmd5.com).

Because file size of file no. 1 you can't use a standard USB stick for transferring the file to your HW PC. This stick must be in Fat32ext of NTFS format.

You can also repair the corrupted RAR file using Winrar. See http://www.sonusparadisi.cz/en/blog/downloading-the-sample-sets/

Edit: text HPFS format changed in NTFS format (HPFS format is old OS/2 operating system)
Edit 2: extension of name of 2nd file changed in r00
Last edited by evertjan on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

murph

PostMon Oct 12, 2015 5:54 pm

Mmmmm. Just tried the repair routine. Same error. I had used NTFS for both previous transfers to usb. I give up. Will extract/substitute/re-rar.
Would REALLY like to hear this sample set in the flesh before committing the purchase price.

Hoofdwerk

PostMon Oct 12, 2015 6:51 pm

Have you checked the file sizes, and tried to install the download? If the files seem about the right size, you might give them a try.

I'm new to multi-part .rar archives, but during beta testing on this model I found that 7-zip reported an error on every downloaded part, and after "fixing" it, reported an error on the file again. But... I noticed the files had the right size, and sure enough when I installed they were fine. Edit: the original files, not the "fixed" files.

You might indeed have a corrupted file, but if my experience is any guide it may just be the tools are not handling the multi-part archives correctly...

Someone else may have much more experience with this .rar option and set us straight.

Cheers,
Erik

Gert

PostTue Oct 13, 2015 12:44 am

May be it is something different: probably your disc is too full.
I had the same.
The error message is confusing, it looks like that the file is corrupt, but the real problem is a full disc...

zurek

PostTue Oct 13, 2015 2:31 am

Dear Gert and Murph,
I really love the response of EvertJan above! He made everything very clear. Please, do according to his advice. Indeed, you must rely on the md5 checksum after the download to verify if the download was correct. The md5 is written in the download links for each the download package. (see My Products zone inside your Sonus Paradisi account for the full Goerlitz set). There is also a small txt file with the installation instructions.

Furthermore, it is essential that you do not trust your 7zip tool, because it is known not to work with multipart rar archives reliably. For Goerlitz, I have used multipart technique, but it seems it gives a lot of problems to users, because many tools do not work well with multipart archives. Even Hauptwerk supports multipart archives only in a basic way - it is, for example, not able to ask for the next part of the multipart archive (to prompt user to change the media in the DVD drive, to be precise), and therefore you must have all the parts of the achive downloaded and sitting in the very same folder on your computer before trying to install via Hauptwerk.

Please, do according to the advices of EvertJan above and you will have success. Thank you, EvertJan! (Can I convert your message to the blog post on my web pages, please? I am sure it would be very useful for many other users).
Jiri Zurek,
Prague
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz

Johannes Sørensen

PostTue Oct 13, 2015 4:23 am

On Jiri's site reads:
“There was also a user successfully using the DownThemAll download manager for FireFox. He reported excellent download results with this tool.”

I can confirm that. The tool did a great job. At the beginning I sat it to download all the files of the full edition. Four files was downloaded at a time, DownThemAll began on a new one when it was possible until all the files was downloaded, and there was no error in any of them.

Best regards
Johannes

zurek

PostTue Oct 13, 2015 5:17 am

murph wrote:In part 1 I get a crc error in "pipes\BW\03-LR_nasat3\rel00200\076-E.wav" .

My rough estimation is that this file is the first file of the second part of the archive. Therefore, tools like 7zip which have problems working with multi-part rar archives would give this file as corrupted, because it is the first file they do not find in the part1 when unpacking (and they are unable to call for the adjacent second part).
Jiri Zurek,
Prague
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz

evertjan

PostTue Oct 13, 2015 5:38 am

Murph

Because a part of the 03-LR_nasat3\rel00200\076-E.wav sample in in RAR1 file and the other part in RAR2 file, a reason for the fault during installation in Hauptwerk is that both files of the Goerlitz demo are not in the same directory during the installation process. So, the Unrar subprogram didn't find the second RAR file and Hauptwerk gives an error.

Installing this organ you always have to start with the Goerlitz____1_.part1.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.rar file; the second will be done automatically AND both rar files must be in the same directory.

murph

PostTue Oct 13, 2015 6:55 am

The corrupt file report is from HAUPTWERKS installer. I have the Pt2 file in the same folder. I tried using winrar's repair utility. Same result from Hauptwerk.
Should I re-combine the parts outside hauptwerk and see if that works?

(P.s. I haven't un-packed the file, I was just using 7-zips checker to see which file was broken (It's much quicker than Hauptwerk for this.)

deebos

PostTue Oct 13, 2015 8:23 am

I tried twice with i Getter to no avail. Says Segment 1 is bad on first file. Second file downloaded okay and checksum is right , Tried twice more with other download managers, Nichts.
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments