It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:57 pm

Szczecinek - new free sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

engrssc

Re: Szczecinek - new free sample set

PostWed Feb 10, 2016 8:58 pm

Looks as if the USA Internet is overloaded (and creates corrupt files, maybe?) Moving to another country is not an option for me. :roll:

Rgds,
Ed

organtechnology

PostWed Feb 10, 2016 11:53 pm

As for the Szczecinek sample set. I just downloaded it to my download folder, copied it to my desk top and installed it in an old Win 7 32 bit 4G RAM machine and it sounds fine! What a gift. Thank you very much.

I was prepared to run an MD5 check sum verification but did not need to do so.

Best regards,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

puciak

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 2:15 am

joeroberts wrote:Bad news....
:cry:

For downloads with direct links as it's written on website I recommend using download accelerators like iGetter. Many people had this problem (with unfinished downloads), so unfortunately additional software is the only way to download complete file.
Piotr Grabowski - Virtual Pipe Organ Sample Sets
https://piotrgrabowski.pl

Positiv

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 3:37 am

Hello Joe Roberts,
DlugaKoscielna ist not Szczecinek - the new free sample set
You can try until the end of this year- you will never get Szczecinek :twisted:

I had no problems to download in 1 hour and I will give Pjotr all my love and thanks for this new masterpiece.

Michael

mumblecake

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 4:08 am

joeroberts wrote:Bad news....
After DL...got Hauptwerk error message #1166.....says: corrupted file..... I give up....!!

Here are ALL the files I have on hand:

C:\Users\Giant\Documents\Organ info\Hauptwerks\rar sets\DlugaKoscielna.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.rar
2,504,674 KB

C:\Users\Giant\Documents\Organ info\Hauptwerks\rar sets\DlugaKoscielna (additional sustain samples).CompPkg.Hauptwerk.rar
3,731,505 KB

C:\Users\Giant\Documents\Organ info\Hauptwerks\rar sets\DlugaKoscielna (additional sustain samples).CompPkg.Hauptwerk (2).rar
887,700 KB

joe
:cry:

Hi Joe,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the download. As has already been mentioned, you were not actually downloading the Szczecinek but the Dluga sample set. That said, it should still work to get the Dluga to work this way.

The corrupted message indicates that there was a problem during the download. I can already see from the sizes that this doesn't look right. The first file "DlugaKoscielna.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.rar" should be 2.9GB large. In total Byte count that would mean that it would be a number likely to be > 3,000,000kB (Windows is a little bit weird with converting the raw Byte count to a x.yGB number).

The second file which you tried to download twice should be 3.8GB which means a number likely to be > 3,900,000kB. The first download nearly seems to have gone through, the second failed quite early on.

Next to the download you can always see what is called an md5 checksum. This checksum is calculated by applying a tool like this:

http://www.winmd5.com/

to the downloaded file. This checksum works in a way that even if only one bit in the whole file is corrupted the resulting checksum will be completely different from the one it should be.

If you are experiencing problems it is therefore always worth using the tool to calculate the checksum of the downloaded file and compare it to the one that is displayed on the website. If they match you know that it should work and it makes sense to ask for assistance. If they are different you know that the file is not identical to the one that is hosted on the internet which means it is unlikely to work.

You can find the Szczecinek under:
http://www.piotrgrabowski.pl/szczecinek.html

To your question about HW version. I'm sure you will be able to fit most or at least large parts of the organ on your "Basic" HW version. You will probably have to compromise with release samples, potentially omit some of the noises but I would think that it should in principle be possible.

I only have 2.5GB RAM which is available to Hauptwerk so I'm facing a similar problem. I will let you know what configuration I chose to load the organ.

Best Regards

Mathis

Arp

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 4:46 am

I use a DownloadHelper "Folx3 for Mac" and I have always enjoyed it.

seh52

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 10:55 am

Successful download in LA from MEGA site via Chrome browser!
Beautiful organ!!!
How does the crescendo pedal work? I assigned it to a swell shoe. It looks like it is moving, but there is no change in sound.

mumblecake

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 11:13 am

deleted due to it being uninformed nonsense
Last edited by mumblecake on Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

puciak

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 12:03 pm

seh52 wrote:Successful download in LA from MEGA site via Chrome browser!
Beautiful organ!!!
How does the crescendo pedal work? I assigned it to a swell shoe. It looks like it is moving, but there is no change in sound.

As it's described on website and shown in video, you need to turn on Rollschweller.

deebos

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 2:03 pm

I was able to download with MEGA also ( alternate 1 site ) Other attempts using Free download manager failed.
Will check file for errors later.

db

eajohnson

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Very nice, thank you for a fine set. Downloaded with FireFox from alternate site 2 with no problem at all (I'm located in the USA)
Owner of an old Schober homebuilt, midified and Hauptwerkified.

mumblecake

PostFri Feb 12, 2016 4:04 am

joeroberts wrote:See what I mean? Just confusion....
I have been trying to DL this organ for so long...I just gave up... I get message: Need ID000691
Have no clue to where it is....
Help me become a happy camper....
Also...Does this organ require the "rich mans dongle"? or just the cheaper one (which I have)?
JRZ

Hi Joe,

following my last post I have now installed the organ. When choosing 16Bit, all samples single loop and single release, the sample set loads into about 2GB RAM meaning it will fit nicely into the Basic HW edition.

Best Regards

Mathis

dw154515

PostFri Feb 12, 2016 5:01 pm

I have not downloaded this set yet, but I have downloaded and spent quite a bit of time with the Cracov set.

I just want to say that I am rather appalled at some of the comments and interactions that I've seen here on this topic and referenced to in the original post. It's likely not going to make any effect on anyone, but when someone offers you something for free, I don't think you have any right to be critical or demanding any way, shape, or form.

Just my two cents. Keep up the good work, and thank you for keeping these instruments "alive."
Drew A. Worthen
Master of Music in Composition - Butler University
http://www.drewworthen.com
Director of Music & Website Admin - Greenwood UMC
http://www.greenwoodumc.org
Design Engineer - American Sound and Electronics - Indy
https://americansound.cc/

puciak

PostSat Feb 13, 2016 1:06 pm

dw154515 wrote:I have not downloaded this set yet, but I have downloaded and spent quite a bit of time with the Cracov set.

I just want to say that I am rather appalled at some of the comments and interactions that I've seen here on this topic and referenced to in the original post. It's likely not going to make any effect on anyone, but when someone offers you something for free, I don't think you have any right to be critical or demanding any way, shape, or form.

Just my two cents. Keep up the good work, and thank you for keeping these instruments "alive."

Thank you for comments and support.

mumblecake

PostSun Feb 14, 2016 8:57 am

dw154515 wrote:I have not downloaded this set yet, but I have downloaded and spent quite a bit of time with the Cracov set.

I couldn't agree more. All of Piotr's sample sets I have tried so far are of exquisite quality. Other sample set makers are charging premiums for their work of similar quality, so it's a real blessing for someone like me who doesn't have a money growing tree in the garden to play on such exquisite instruments.

Unfortunately this is not an isolated incidence. Augustine is also a person who seems to get more flak than praise when he releases a new free sample set for the community.

I would love to explain to you where this total lack of gratitude stems from but to be honest I have not the slightest clue!

Best Regards

Mathis
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments