It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 am

Armley Schulze

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

smfrank

Re: Armley Schulze

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 7:40 pm

David Butcher wrote: the complete Armley set will be released at the begining of next week.

Tic-toc. It's Wednesday !!!

Steve
Steven Frank

Agnus_Dei

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 12:12 pm

Do we have ANY updates?!?

A reply with any info would be appreciated!

Looking forward to the sample set!

THANKS. :D

David Butcher

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 8:48 am

Hello all …

I'm very pleased to announce that the complete Armley sample set has finally been released. My sincere apologies go to everyone for the extended wait and I really appreciate your patience and continued enthusiasm. For various reasons, preparing this set for release has been far more tricky and time consuming than expected, but it's there now!

Please visit http://www.lavenderaudio.co.uk/organs/a ... plete.html for full details of the 57 stop set – you'll find an organ specification there, along with memory requirements, various screen grabs and a link to the user manual.

For existing customers of the 32 stop Armley set, special upgrade pricing is available, valid until the end of May. The sample set is available for download as of now – and for those who need it, some installation media (USB memory sticks and/or DVDs) is available now with more to come soon.

Audio demos of the complete organ will also follow very shortly.

Best regards to all,

162_Ranks

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 9:03 am

ORDER PLACED. Do I get the "first order" award? :P

Brad

Bri

PostThu Mar 23, 2017 11:48 am

David has done it again!!
The Armley 57 , though I have only been playing it for about 90 minutes, has the most glorious sound of any of my sets (I've got quite a few - more than I could really afford!)
It was really worth the wait.
I'm looking forward to thoroughly exploring this fantastic organ.
He really deserves many, many orders to justify the huge amount of work he has obviously put into it!

magnaton

PostThu Mar 23, 2017 3:53 pm

I placed my order for it yesterday. It has been my "go to" organ for many months now. To demonstrate the power and versatility of HW its the bomb. To demonstrate breath-taking ambience with 'reverb for days' (I have two sets of surround sound speakers) the Sonus Paradisi, Utrecht - Dom, Bätz Organ.

Danny B.

162_Ranks

PostFri Mar 24, 2017 11:32 am

Unsurprisingly, I am really enjoying this set already. I was working on a Bach chorale with the melody in the pedal, and found about a dozen different registrations all of which sounded fantastic.

I might tweak the balance of the divisions a bit to sound better at headphone volumes, but I don't see having to do much voicing at all. Wonderful work!

Daniel Dries

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 7:11 am

Not having purchased the smaller Armley set, I couldn't really understand why some forum members were so impatient about the release of the full set. I have downloaded and installed it, and now I understand the anticipation about its release - it is absolutely stunning. The tutti is particularly thrilling, but individual stops (especially the flutes) are so full of character. Well done to Lavender Audio for choosing such an exceptional instrument to add to the library, and for sampling it so well.

Daniel

Gerryo

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 12:24 pm

I am totally looking forward to trying the full version out. The small version is really quite nice particularly if you tame the Great mixture a bit.

Now if I can only get my dongle update...........

jwillans

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 2:56 pm

Daniel Dries wrote:Not having purchased the smaller Armley set, I couldn't really understand why some forum members were so impatient about the release of the full set. I have downloaded and installed it, and now I understand the anticipation about its release - it is absolutely stunning. The tutti is particularly thrilling, but individual stops (especially the flutes) are so full of character. Well done to Lavender Audio for choosing such an exceptional instrument to add to the library, and for sampling it so well.

Thanks Daniel. I am too curious about the Armley Schulze and can't make up my mind. I currently use the Salisbury exclusively which is such an extensive and versatile instrument I am not sure I would get sufficient value from the Schulze. I'd be interested in other peoples' views on this - particularly if they have the Schulze and Salisbury to compare.

Gerryo

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 9:46 pm

I would love to give my 2 cents, but to my great disappointment my dongle update still hasn't arrived!! :(
Maybe tomorrow.......

ChangedForever

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 11:13 pm

Stop it, y'all.... my wallet is starting to vibrate....!! :D It's calling my name.....

Bri

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 6:25 am

Don't wait a moment longer - buy it!
You won't regret it!

ChangedForever

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 5:12 pm

Well alright Bri; if you insist :D ......but I thought the Bovenkerk Hinzs, Rotterdam Hoofdorgel / Transcept, the P.A.B, Mt. Carmel Skinner and Paramount 341 were all I needed :roll:

...there goes another month of my retirement.

........maybe I should become a Hauptwerk Sample Producer and retire on a lavish Hawaiian beach 8) ?...

Off to the bank I go,
Mark

Gerryo

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 10:18 pm

I hope you have better luck getting a dongle update than I am having. Another day and no update!
This is the second consecutive time I have had trouble. Hope it doesn't develop into a pattern. Up till now, I had the highest regard for the customer service at Milan. Sigh....

Oh well, I leave tomorrow morning on business for a week. Maybe when I get home...
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments